Mark your calendars now!

Discussion of programming on TCM.
klondike

Mark your calendars now!

Post by klondike »

Hey Gang!
Recently, you may recall, I brought-up the film Slim, while discussing the similarly plotted Manpower.
And I've just learned that, thanks to the scintillating cogs-within-wheels of the Cosmic Spirograph, Slim is being run this month on TCM, @ the rather awkward time of 5:00 a.m. on Friday, 10/5.
So by all means, do mark your calendars for it, or even set your DVR/VCRs to record it, as it tends to be a rare treat.
(If you're a fumblin', grumblin' Luddite like moi, extort a younger/hipper relative to do it for you; sons-in-law are especially handy, as they're seldom relaxed enough in your presence to razz you about being technologically challenged!)
I'm betting you'll find that although Slim is a little dimmer in star-wattage than Manpower, and perhaps less rich in Noir hallmarks, it's a much livelier script, with some nicely inspired performances from Fonda & co., and some really impressive photography for its vintage.
If I'm wrong, I shall await your tomatoes!
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Re: Mark your calendars now!

Post by pktrekgirl »

klondike wrote: (If you're a fumblin', grumblin' Luddite like moi, extort a younger/hipper relative to do it for you; sons-in-law are especially handy, as they're seldom relaxed enough in your presence to razz you about being technologically challenged!)
I *knew* I needed one of those. :P

Anyway, DVD recorder will record! Thanks for the heads up! :)
My wife said she'd help young people, ... That's what I'd do. Help young people, then buy a big motor home and get out of town.
~ Gary Cooper
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

I shall have to stay up or go to bed really early (depends on whats playing the previous night) and watch this. I'll definitely give you my thoughts in this space.