Over 21 (1945)

Discussion of programming on TCM.
moira finnie
Administrator

Over 21 (1945)

Post by moira finnie »

Has anyone ever seen the Irene Dunne movie, Over 21, based on Ruth Gordon's play of the same name?

I noticed that it is being aired on TCM on Oct 10th at 1:15AM and on Dec 20th at 8:00PM. It intrigues me. Is it worth viewing? This seems to be one of the least seen Irene Dunne movies. What's next, an airing of that other rarity, The Mudlark (1950) with Dunne as Queen Victoria?
klondike

Post by klondike »

In-topic, though off-point: I do wish TCM would run The Mudlark, some time in the next season; I only saw it the once, but it shimmers under a sunbeam in a far, dim corner of my mind; magnificently underplayed, much like Korda's Rembrandt.
I seem to recall it also featured the ever-beguiling Donald Crisp as one of my favorite best-not-mentioned British historicals: John Brown, "the Queen's Gillie".
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Yeah, where did The Mudlark go anyway? It was a good one. And was it Irene Dunne's last movie? And one of Alec Guinness' first?
nightwalker

Post by nightwalker »

It was one of Dunne's last movies. Her last theatrical film was actually the comedy IT GROWS ON TREES, which in the past has often been the subject of the "INFORMATION PLEASE" threads "over there." And yes, it is one of Alec Guinness' first pictures.

I know I've seen it somewhere on some "movie channel" in recent years, but I can't recall which one.