More Board Guidelines At TCM

Discussion of programming on TCM.
CoffeeDan

Post by CoffeeDan »

Was clicking around the site before I registered just now. I really, really like it here -- I see a lot of the people I've gotten to know and respect on the TCM boards over the years, and I think this is going to be fun.

I have to confess that I almost quit posting altogether with all the mud that was being slung on the TCM boards in the last year and a half. I may not have signed in, but I was always "lurking" to see what was new and exciting. I'm not going to name names, but there were some people whose presence seemed to suck all the air out of the room.

But that was then. The TCM Web administration has some splendid new guidelines, and they obviously gave them a lot of time and thought. They seem to be reacting more quickly to problems now, and that adds to the new spirit. It's a much more pleasant place now.

I'm not going to stop posting at TCM. After nearly six years (it was the first movie message board I ever contributed to), it still feels like home to me, especially since I've gotten to know a few people behind the scenes. But the most enthusiastic TCM/classic film fans seem to have ended up here, so I'm going to be doubly excited to sign on!
Moraldo Rubini

CoffeeDan Time

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

It's swell to see you here, CoffeeDan. I was sorry to see the number of your posts diminish over in TCM land. It does my heart good to see you here...

M. Rubini (aka "Jack Burley")
feaito

Post by feaito »

Great to hear from you again Coffeedan, one of the most admired and respected members of the TCM Boards.
feaito

Re: CoffeeDan Time

Post by feaito »

Moraldo Rubini wrote:It's swell to see you here, CoffeeDan. I was sorry to see the number of your posts diminish over in TCM land. It does my heart good to see you here...

M. Rubini (aka "Jack Burley")
Jack, so you are Moraldo here. Good to know you are with us too!
Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Thank you Fernando! Yes, with this gang celebrating new beginnings with this fresh slate, I thought I'd begin anew with "Moraldo Rubini" (one of Fellini's characters in I Vitelloni). I love this site and am glad to see you found your way here too. Everytime I see my newer edition of the Kobal book, I have a moment of appreciation to my TCM hero -- Fernando in Chile...
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

CoffeeDan,

I am thrilled that you are here. I love your posts (I am still working on getting that sticky over in TCM City regarding the TCM library) and am looking forward to enjoying them even more now that you are here!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

feaito

Post by feaito »

Moraldo Rubini wrote:Thank you Fernando! Yes, with this gang celebrating new beginnings with this fresh slate, I thought I'd begin anew with "Moraldo Rubini" (one of Fellini's characters in I Vitelloni). I love this site and am glad to see you found your way here too. Everytime I see my newer edition of the Kobal book, I have a moment of appreciation to my TCM hero -- Fernando in Chile...
:oops: Thanks for your kind words Jack
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

I went back a few times this week and, frankly, I'd rather be here. And it's not just because I don't really want to commit so much time in front of a computer screen. I think the people here are nicer, kinder, friendlier, smarter and much more motivated.

I suppose I'll look in on the Old Place once in a while, and maybe post a comment or two, but I'd much rather spend my time here. Let's keep this board going.
CoffeeDan

Shucks, folks, I'm speechless!

Post by CoffeeDan »

Aw, thanks for the kind words, MR/Jack, Fernando, and Lynn! (Brushes tear from eye.) I would have said this earlier, but I forgot where I originally posted! It's good to be back among friends.

Lynn, you probably know by now that my post on the holdings of the TCM library and others is being put to good use -- as boilerplate in the responses TCM mails out to viewers about movie requests! Almost as good as a sticky . . .
feaito

Re: Shucks, folks, I'm speechless!

Post by feaito »

CoffeeDan wrote:Aw, thanks for the kind words, MR/Jack, Fernando, and Lynn! (Brushes tear from eye.) I would have said this earlier, but I forgot where I originally posted! It's good to be back among friends.

Lynn, you probably know by now that my post on the holdings of the TCM library and others is being put to good use -- as boilerplate in the responses TCM mails out to viewers about movie requests! Almost as good as a sticky . . .
I feel the same Dan, it's good to be among friends! And I remember that post and as far as I'm concerned it's a landmark explanation :wink: