An Urgent Plea on behalf of Robert Osborne

Discussion of programming on TCM.
klondike

An Urgent Plea on behalf of Robert Osborne

Post by klondike »

He's so smooth, so polished, so congenial, so insightful, so engaging . . . is there no one who could tutor him on a better pronunciation of noir ?! :evil:
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

I believe Osborne once suffered a stroke so a few mispronounciations isn't such a bad thing in the overall scheme of things.
klondike

Post by klondike »

A kind & thoughtful response, Bogie old chum, but as RO seems to have no difficulty at all with words & phrases like patois & raison d'etre, I'd say we can rule out physiological limitations.
A very small fly in a vast tub of otherwise fragrant ointment, I grant you, but to my sense of simple logic, to hear this wise & worldly & internationally syndicated man do justice to titles like La Belle et Bete, and Liaisons Dangerous, and Mon Oncle, and then fumble a one-syllable, four-letter adjective, which is at once pedestrian in its frequency and yet critical in its value of distinction, is perplexing and just plain silly.
moviemagz

Post by moviemagz »

I've always felt his pronouncations were due to some sort of a regional accent (ie: the way he says "trey-shures" for treasures).