TCM - Message Board

Discussion of programming on TCM.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

I am having the same problem as yesterday, if I sign in I get the server error message. :?
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

The TCM boards are back to normal with easy access to post. I was also shut out yesterday. I recall that this problem happened once in the past.
Joseph Goodheart
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Ken,

I could log in this morning then had to leave. Came back this afternoon and can not log in. I am getting the same server error message as you.

I sent a personal email to tcm@turner. com (I think that was the addy they posted in new etiquette rules to email them at if you can't PM them) letting them know that many of us are having this issue.

But it's Friday afternoon and they are probably getting ready to go home in Atlanta.

Could be a Ray Milland kind of week-end for some of us.

Really glad I can get my fix here!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

ken123

Post by ken123 »

I spend most of my computer time here, but I do like to check back there every once in a while. It will be ' A Lost Weekend ", but thanks to this site not entirely lost. Thank again for this GREAT site. :D
filmlover

Post by filmlover »

I still can't get in. Maybe somebody here who can log in can leave a message under Tech assistance about how many of us can't sign in.
moira finnie
Administrator

TCM pitches a shutout?

Post by moira finnie »

Guess it's my turn to feel shut-out over at TCM after posting there earlier this afternoon with no problema. As of a moment ago, I couldn't log in, but can access the he rest of the board for reading messages and thought that if anyone else couldn't even read any threads, they might find the info below helpful. Maybe their server had a hemorrhage or is getting a much-needed brainwash after all the folderol of the last few months:

Here's the text of the message under the
"Announcement: Unable to Post to Forum" with a list of details that they're requesting from those of us who experience a "failure to launch"---

"In an effort to expand our knowledge about the technical issues some of you are having with replying and posting to the forum, we are requesting your input on the following information at this thread http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/j ... 2&tstart=0
or send your information to us at
http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/TCMCFA/feedback.jsp with a "Can't Post to Forum" as the Subject:

- Are you on PC or MAC?

- What is the browser and version you are using? On PC, you can find this under the "HELP" menu item. On MAC, you can find this under the "About Firefox" or "About Safari".

- What is the URL you are trying to access when the problem is encountered?

- Is there an error message? If so, please cut-n-paste here. Otherwise describe what happens (or didn't happen!).

If you do not feel comfortable posting your information publicly, please send a private message.

Thank you all for being patient as we better our forum. We value your input greatly.

-TCM Web"

Also, of course, you may wish to send an email to:
[email protected] or [email protected]

Moira
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I was finally able to log in again just now (8:20pm CST).
ken123

Post by ken123 »

At 8:25 PM ( CDT ) I can sign in and get everything except the Message Board. :cry:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I checked in at TCM before coming here about 15 minutes ago, and had no problem at all. Can't imagine what is happening. I posted in Gen. Disc. to cinemalover because WILLKANE was getting pretty nasty to him about his cinema junkie thread. I personally love his thread. He has turned me on to a couple of movies I have ignored until reading his 'reviews'.

Anne
ken123

Post by ken123 »

I get in also. :wink:
dolores

Post by dolores »

Hi all.

It's nice to be here.
Last edited by dolores on May 1st, 2007, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dewey1960

Dolores!

Post by Dewey1960 »

Hi Dolores!
It's great to see you here!
-Dewey
dolores

Post by dolores »

Thanks, Dewey.

It's nice to be seen again.
vallo

Post by vallo »

Dolores, Welcome glad your here. Sorry about the other board. I was wondering where you went to. I knew it was you, because of Mr.Warren William.
Good to see you.

vallo
"We're all forgotten sooner or later. But not films. That's all the memorial we should need or hope for."
-Burt Lancaster