Now and then

Discussion of programming on TCM.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

SandyK:

Please see my post 'Orson Welles, et.al.' Under The People of Film. In all the times I've seen Citizen Kane, I still don't get the significance of Rosebud.

Anne
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I remember thinking Frank Sinatra looked mean and nasty in his movies when I was a little kid. I don't remember what movies I saw, only that they were post-1960 because when I saw what he looked like in the 1940s I was shocked to learn it was the same man. Now the transformation is complete and I actually adore him post-1960 as opposed to his bean-pole, bobby-soxer heydey in those MGM musicals.

I can't tell you how genuinely astonished I was when I saw the "two Franks" and reconciled them to being one guy! It was the funniest thing...gad, am I a blonde! :lol:

I remember watching one of the B&W Godzilla movies as a teenager after having been such a fan as a little girl and thinking how silly and fake the guy in the rubber suit looked. That was so crushing! I wonder how I would react to those films now.

As a kid and a pre-teen I loved horror movies and would see every one I could, old and new. Now I can't take them I'm totally wimpy!! I really like Val Lewton's movies but there are many others that I just won't every attempt to watch again, especially if I'm alone! :shock: