Soon to be playing- Our own MoiraFinnie

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Vienna

Re: Soon to be playing- Our own MoiraFinnie

Post by Vienna »

Are sales of this movie going through the roof!
I just bought it and will report back .
Now if I could only see Moira.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

MissGoddess wrote:
CineMaven wrote::shock: :shock: Oh....and if you're reading this Miss Goddess, your latest avatar is OUTSTANDING! We'll never be able to concentrate on what you have to say now that Yul's biceps are staring us in the face!!! :shock: :shock:

:D :D Just bringing a little sunshine into your day.
Swell. So now I'm blind. Ack! And yummy.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
feaito

Post by feaito »

MissGoddess wrote:
feaito wrote:
charliechaplinfan wrote:Fernando, how did you get to see it in Chile? I'd love to watch Moira's segment.
Hi Ali, so long no see! :D

Well my brother's cable service -he lives in Miami- carries TCM USA and he has a device or sth. (I'm not computer savvy at all) by which he and his wife can connect to his TV in Miami while in Chile and watch any channel they wish. They were in Chile at the time (my sister-in-law is a flight attendant) and thus, I was able to see Moira.

Lucky Me!
that is one of the coolest things i ever heard of! sometimes technology does have it's upside. :D :P
Indeed, I wish they'd leave that device in my house ;)
You ARE lucky on so many fronts. Say...your sister is a flight attendant? Well what are we waitin' for? Get me the hook up to Chile so you & I can do a MovieCHAT together.
She's my in-law, but thanks to her I can buy stuff rom Amazon and have it "delivered" securely. :wink:

BTW, my dear Tess "of the Storm Country", we could do a MOVIECHAT over Skype, if you wish... :D
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

How about Garfield, kingrat?
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I rewatched Touchez Pas Au Grisbi, even if I can't see Moira's segment I can at least enjoy the movie you're all talking about.

What can I add? I agree with all that's been said about Gabin as an actor, he wouldn't lose out to Gable, I really wouldn't like to bet at who would win that tussle. I can't classify Gabin, I've tried before but I can't, he's most like Spencer Tracy and possibly a bit of Bogie but he's completely himself. How much do I like Max? He might be a crook but he has a code of honour, especially when it comes to Riton. It's so like a marriage between that pair, one can only imagine what they've been to each other before and the code of honour seems to have evapourated with Angelo and his gang, of course it's nothing personal. Hey, I noticed that kiss too, a bit steamy for my time of the morning, I watched it before dinner. A good choice Moira, you've got us all talking about it.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Thank you Brother Rat!

BLUE COLLAR, GABLE vs. GABIN, etc.etc.etc.

You hit it on the nose with Fonda and Bogie and Tracy ( young Tracy...waaaaay young Tracy ) able to play the blue-collar card. And yes Wendy, we can’t leave Johnny Garfield. He’s a blue-boy alright; lower East Side all the way. ( I didn’t care for “The Long Night” though I did like Ann Dvorak in it. ) Gabin would soooo give Gable a run for his money. He wouldn’t have to carry Scarlett up those long dark stairs. But maybe it’s a “French” thing.
[u]FEAITO[/u] wrote:She’s my in-law, but thanks to her I can buy stuff (f)rom Amazon and have it “delivered” securely. ;-) BTW, my dear Tess “of the Storm Country”, we could do a MOVIECHAT over Skype, if you wish... :D
My baaad, “sister-in-law.” SKYPE. Hmmmm...I think I want the real thing. I want to look into your eyes when you tell me I’m full of baloney. :wink:

Your nickname for me ... (( Tess )) ...rings a lovely bell. My first job at a movie theatre’s candy stand, the movie playing was Nastassja Kinski’s “TESS.”
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Fernando, I am so glad you were able to see Moira! :lol:
Thanks, Cinemaven, for such a thorough essay! Loved that Gabin photo!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
feaito

Post by feaito »

Theresa, I'm glad you liked Tess. It sounds wonderful to me.