TCM announces it is sunsetting the TCM Forums

Discussion of programming on TCM.
LawrenceA

Re: TCM announces it is sunsetting the TCM Forums

Post by LawrenceA »

LostHorizons wrote: December 4th, 2022, 3:43 pm Yeah, it’s under the “membership” area. I guess he set the Administrator position to Godhood.
I saw that there's a separate "Admin" account, as well, which I can only assume he controls, too.
Watching until the end.
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Fedya wrote: December 4th, 2022, 3:30 pm
I always found him to be a nasty hypocrite who would lecture people who commented about posts they disagreed with that they shouldn't tell other people how to post, while at the same time telling other people how to post if one of the threads he started drifted or if somebody posted something he didn't like.

I'm the same Fedya I was over at the TCM boards, although I don't have an avatar here yet.
[/quote]

Were you the guy who had Charles Coburn as your avatar? I always loved that look of disgusted contempt on his face there.

Apologies for the poor formatting. I'm still learning how this site works, and the current quoting function is a mess for me.
Watching until the end.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

speedracer5 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 3:02 pm
laffite wrote: December 4th, 2022, 2:25 pm I am recently told that he now refers himself as "God." (as a sort of secondary moniker behind his regular screen name.) And in Bold.
LOL! And that is exactly what I thought would happen when he "so graciously" took it upon himself to play savior and create a new message board. I knew that being the site creator would essentially put him in charge of everything. That is exactly why I did not join his board. They've already appropriated my I Just Watched... thread, which is exactly what I thought would happen.
It always ticked me off when people acted like TB was benevolent for making a new site and that his site is good because “well, no one else made a new one.” He went the quickest and cheapest route. LOL
laffite

Post by laffite »

LostHorizons wrote: December 4th, 2022, 3:43 pm Yeah, it’s under the “membership” area. I guess he set the Administrator position to Godhood.
The next thing we can expect is a new thread on Sunday where members can worship him.
Last edited by laffite on December 4th, 2022, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
laffite

Post by laffite »

laffite wrote: December 4th, 2022, 4:40 pm
The next thing we can expect is a new thread on Sunday where members can worship him.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

To be honest here, I always felt kind'a sorry for the guy. Bright, but who has questionable, at best, people skills.

(...you know, kind'a like say "A Low-Rent Sheldon Cooper")
Last edited by Dargo on December 4th, 2022, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laffite

Post by laffite »

The next thing we can expect is a new thread on Sunday where members we can worship him.
laffite

Post by laffite »

HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Dargo wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:21 pm To be honest here, I always felt kind'a sorry for the guy. Bright, but who has questionable, at best, people skills.

Awww, Dargo!

Don't compare the beloved Sheldon to Mr. Lung Disease.

I doubt he could work those T-shirts the way Sheldon does.

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

HoldenIsHere wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:33 pm
Dargo wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:21 pm To be honest here, I always felt kind'a sorry for the guy. Bright, but who has questionable, at best, people skills.

Awww, Dargo!

Don't compare the beloved Sheldon to Mr. Lung Disease.

I doubt he could work those T-shirts the way Sheldon does.

LOL

Well, I DID add the term "Low-Rent" here earlier, now didn't I, Holden?!!! :wink:

(...ya know, I had a feelin' somebody would call me out on this little analogy of mine here)
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

LostHorizons wrote: December 1st, 2022, 1:47 am
Cuthbert wrote: December 1st, 2022, 1:36 am Bagel made an interesting comment as to why he would not frequent the other site. I responded more or less saying that we should give it a try, though it’s not best practice to have a site with only one moderator/administrator. Those comments have been deleted, which is cause for concern.
I was agreeing with him that Topbilled isn’t cut out for running a site and gave an example of him fighting with people over Burt Lancaster’s sexuality based on faulty evidence (his swimsuit). To me, that was a harmless story that demonstrated how clueless and stubborn the guy is but the mods took it a different way.
I joined TCM forum in Jan 2020, so wasn't around long. I had had a problem with TB in March and we exchanged pm. I was candid. It did not go well. Towards the end of TCM forum I saw a lot of criticism of that member. I was unaware anyone else had ever had a problem.
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

laffite wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:26 pm
LOL
BrianNH2OK

Post by BrianNH2OK »

Dargo, your assessment displays a generosity of spirit that is to be envied.

If not Sheldon Cooper, would Wolowitz work?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

BrianNH2OK wrote: December 4th, 2022, 7:56 pm Dargo, your assessment displays a generosity of spirit that is to be envied.

If not Sheldon Cooper, would Wolowitz work?
Thanks, Brian. Appreciate the kind words here.

And now re any commonality of behavior between Howard Wolowitz and Mr. TB...sorry, but I have to stick with Sheldon Cooper being a little more kindred, as even though Howard was very often clumsy in his personal interactions, he usually seemed to be self-aware of this tendency of his. And whereas in TB's case, I often felt he was unaware of how his behavior could or would tend to put people off on occasion and thus how Jim Parsons played his character.
BrianNH2OK

Post by BrianNH2OK »

OK. You've convinced me. An interesting case analysis, to boot!