TCM Premieres....

Discussion of programming on TCM.
nakanosunplaza

Re: TCM Premieres....

Post by nakanosunplaza »

Abour Goodbye Charlie I do not recall watching it on TCM but even if I am a Curtis completist,I did not like it that much,I joined TCM in 2005 but it is possible it played_(I would have been surprised) I had seen it in the late 80'S I know it played on AMC in feb 2004 though! Too bad the movie collector Ohio site vanished ,it would have been resolved right away....
cmovieviewer

Post by cmovieviewer »

nakanosunplaza wrote: March 6th, 2024, 12:46 am Abour Goodbye Charlie I do not recall watching it on TCM but even if I am a Curtis completist,I did not like it that much,I joined TCM in 2005 but it is possible it played_(I would have been surprised) I had seen it in the late 80'S I know it played on AMC in feb 2004 though! Too bad the movie collector Ohio site vanished ,it would have been resolved right away....
Just to confirm, I am using MovieCollectorOH’s premiere data with my own corrections/additions, as needed.
I also have schedules for every month since TCM started that I can search.
In this case, TCM agrees that it is a premiere.
The only issue is when memories do not align with the data it is an unresolvable problem.

I do appreciate comments for the premieres so I don’t want to be dismissive.
All I can do is double-check the data and present the information that I have.
I hope people will continue to speak up when they have questions/comments.
nakanosunplaza

Post by nakanosunplaza »

I think it is a premiere also, I like your work and I appreciate your enthousiasm, I read all your posts and I still check for movie collector ohio any news ?
cmovieviewer

Post by cmovieviewer »

I hope nobody is insulted by this, but I wonder if people might confuse Goodbye Charlie with the film The Rat Race, another comedy that stars both Debbie Reynolds and Tony Curtis that was made in the 60’s. The Rat Race (1960) has been shown on TCM 5 times in the past, all during the year 2008 but not since then. Both of these films are scheduled to be shown back-to-back on the evening of March 28 on TCM, so we will be able to compare/contrast them.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

cmovieviewer wrote: March 6th, 2024, 1:53 pm I hope nobody is insulted by this, but I wonder if people might confuse Goodbye Charlie with the film The Rat Race, another comedy that stars both Debbie Reynolds and Tony Curtis that was made in the 60’s. The Rat Race (1960) has been shown on TCM 5 times in the past, all during the year 2008 but not since then. Both of these films are scheduled to be shown back-to-back on the evening of March 28 on TCM, so we will be able to compare/contrast them.
I know I've seen Goodbye Charlie on some network with the last 5 - 8 years or so, but since it is a 20th Century Fox film maybe it was on a network that features that studio, like MOVIES, and not TCM.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

I don't watch Movies or Fox and I'm not confusing it with The Rat Race.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Hibi wrote: March 6th, 2024, 2:12 pm I don't watch Movies or Fox and I'm not confusing it with The Rat Race.
I don't recall seeing commercials when I watched Goodbye Charlie, so if I was a betting man, I would bet that TCM has shown the film.
nakanosunplaza

Post by nakanosunplaza »

Like I have postED previously it played on AMC In February 2004 .
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

FXM is also commercial free when they show their older material in the mornings.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

nakanosunplaza wrote: March 6th, 2024, 3:50 pm Like I have postED previously it played on AMC In February 2004 .
And AMC runs commercials.....
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

txfilmfan wrote: March 6th, 2024, 4:12 pm FXM is also commercial free when they show their older material in the mornings.
I'm not home in the mornings....
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Hmmm..."Goodbye Charlie"???

Wait, was this the one where after being murdered, Debbie Reynolds comes back as a tuna and who for some strange reason really wants to be processed for consumption by the StarKist cannery company?

(...oh wait...never mind...I think I've got this flick confused somehow with some old TV commercial here, huh...sorry...Charlie)
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

I recorded it off of HBO several years ago...
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Dargo wrote: March 6th, 2024, 7:17 pm Hmmm..."Goodbye Charlie"???

Wait, was this the one where after being murdered, Debbie Reynolds comes back as a tuna and who for some strange reason really wants to be processed for consumption by the StarKist cannery company?

(...oh wait...never mind...I think I've got this flick confused somehow with some old TV commercial here, huh...sorry...Charlie)
The film itself isn't worthy of all this discussion. Not very good. I did like the title song! Odd casting of Pat Boone, of all people, in this somewhat racy film (for it's time at least).
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

Hibi wrote: March 7th, 2024, 9:56 amThe film itself isn't worthy of all this discussion. Not very good.
Never knew that to be a criteria. 🤣