In the news...

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Moraldo Rubini

Still Going Strong...

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

I heard the other day that classic film star Leslie Caron won an Emmy last weekend for her role as Lorraine Delmas in NBC's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit . Congratulations to Mlle. Caron!
benwhowell

"I'm Still Here"

Post by benwhowell »

And Elaine Stritch won an Emmy for her guest appearance on "30 Rock."
Pretty good for "an 82 year old broad." :wink:
Here's Elaine accepting her 2004 Emmy for "Elaine Stritch At Liberty-"
[youtube][/youtube]
benwhowell

Here's to the ladies who shop...

Post by benwhowell »

Well, it looks like Elaine Stritch has a new gig...a greeter at Wal Mart?
[youtube][/youtube]
Moraldo Rubini

Diamond Dresses are a Girl's Best Friend

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Thoroughly Modern Millie co-star Carol Channing was burgled of the bugle-beaded dress from her stage presentation of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. The dress was bound for exhibition at the Smithsonian when it was stolen. Her Hello Dolly! Tony Award is also planned for exhibition there, but luckily was in a second bag that was neglected by the thief.
Moraldo Rubini

Channing Redressed

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

In the News wrote:Thoroughly Modern Millie co-star Carol Channing was burgled of the bugle-beaded dress from her stage presentation of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. The dress was bound for exhibition at the Smithsonian when it was stolen. Her Hello Dolly! Tony Award is also planned for exhibition there, but luckily was in a second bag that was neglected by the thief.
I know many of you have been worried sick about this, but finally you can sleep soundly once more: Carol Channing's dress has been recovered. "A man" found Channing's abandoned bag containing the dress at a Hollywood park and turned it over to authorities. Police said the dress would be returned to her once their investigation was complete.

Whew!

Okay everybody, move along... there's nothing to see here...
benwhowell

Finally-some good news!

Post by benwhowell »

That calls for a toast...
[youtube][/youtube]
Moraldo Rubini

Flights of Fancy

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Thanks for the raspberry, Ben.

And I see the Crane is about be done in by the duck! Nice addition for Norman's taxidermy collection...
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Too funny!!!!!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Moraldo Rubini

Darling!

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

I always worry when we don't hear about Zsa Zsa Gabor in the press. She loved to be watched; so when she's laying low, I get concerned about her.

It seems my fretting has foundation. The star of camp classic Queen of Outer Space and John Huston's Moulin Rouge is to have surgery today at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for a severe infection in her legs. The 125 year old beauty has been partially paralyzed ever since her car accident in 2002. She has been forced to use a wheelchair and walker since the auto accident, leading to infections in her legs. "She's been inactive for the last four years," hospital spokesman John Blanchette said.

It's been a rough few years. Zsa Zsa Gabor had an apparent stroke in 2005 and underwent emergency surgery to clear a blocked artery.

Take care Zsa Zsa!
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Sorry to hear about Zsa Zsa. She always had something interesting to say or do on every talk show she graced.

I've read all of her books, but never was able to snag a rich husband....
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Marco,

Thanks for that information. I wish ZZ all the luck in the world and I hope she feels better soon.....
Getting rid of that horrible husband would help!!!

However, if she starts feeling spunky again, you'd better run for the hills; calling her 125 years old and knowing full well she has Hungarian gypsy blood in her and is likely to know a dreadfull curse for you..... Yikes!!!

Sheilah Graham once called her "Miss Chicken Paprika of 1910" in her column back in the fifties and 'the big Z' lit out a few Hungarian curse words on her.
Sheilah and her column went belly up a few months later.
Oh Marco, Run, Marco, RUN!!!!!

Larry
Moraldo Rubini

Updates, darling

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Word on Zsa Zsa is cautiously good. Gabor, 54, was recovering Tuesday after surgery for infections in her legs, her husband, Prince Frederic Von Anhalt said. "The operation was successful, she's in recovery and in a couple of days she'll be okay," he said in a telephone interview from Gabor's room at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
knitwit45

Older than dirt

Post by knitwit45 »

I must be older than dirt if she's only 54 now.... :lol:
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Shouldn't that be more like 94? WikiP and IMDb list her year of birth as 1917, which would make her 90, but ---- who knows? So much about the Gabors was fiction which changed with their whims. I wonder if her daughter, Francesca, is with her. Theirs has been a very rocky relationship.
Moraldo Rubini

Convoluted, dahling!

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Judith wrote:Shouldn't that be more like 94? WikiP and IMDb list her year of birth as 1917, which would make her 90, but ---- who knows? So much about the Gabors was fiction which changed with their whims.
Zsa Zsa (née Sari) Gabor's real age has always been... somewhat elusive... I remember seeing her interviewed on television once when she modestly stated her age -- she was modest with the year count, that is. Someone else called her on it, stating if she were really the age she claimed, it would have meant she married her first husband at age 3. And sure enough, she married the press director for the Foreign Ministry of Turkey (in Ankara), Burhan Belge in 1937. Zsa Zsa was livid that anyone would try to pin her down. You'll note (as Larry did), in the first mention, I put her at 125. Larry reminded me of her Magyar powers with the evil eye, so I thought I'd compromise with her mercurial number.

And of course, as with all stories regarding Zsa Zsa, it seems there was more to it: Who knew that Zsa Zsa was due in court yesterday?! It seems she was suing her daughter for numerous wrongs that I won't get in to here. Attorneys for Gabor tried to have her case continued today while she recuperates, but Judge Jacqueline Connor was displeased with her no-show, saying that all the documents she received previously stated that Gabor's surgery did not need to be done immediately. So the suit was dismissed.