A request for clarification

Discussion of programming on TCM.
benwhowell

Don't cry for me, Argentina...

Post by benwhowell »

Isabel was arrested in Janauary of this year in Madrid-for the disappearance of people in Argentina during her presidency ('74-'76)-including activist Hector Aldo Fagetti Gallego.
It seems like she may still be under house arrest in Spain...
[youtube][/youtube]
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Yeah, it *was* pretty wild, Fernando, what happened to Evita's body.

I remember reading that it got 'lost' for a while and it turns out the coffin was being used as a desk in some government building or something??? :lol: And then she was eventually buried secretly in Milan, Italy, where she stayed until she was brought back to Argentina after Juan Peron's 'comeback'.

And the way that they preserved her to begin with - it was like they laminated her or something, using the most high-tech processes available at the time.

And now she is in this tomb with trapdoors and different levels and stuff so that no one can get in there.

Incredible.

And I thought Charlie Chaplin's after-death adventures were wild! He's got nothing on Evita! :lol:

But wow...I don't think I can ever get over the photos I have seen of her funeral. I have a book about her that has tons of photos in it - sort of a coffee table book. And it is amazing how loved she was.

I think some of the footage of her funeral is also in the film Evita....and it is breathtaking.

Pretty amazing.
My wife said she'd help young people, ... That's what I'd do. Help young people, then buy a big motor home and get out of town.
~ Gary Cooper
knitwit45

Charlie Chaplin???

Post by knitwit45 »

Beda,
Everytime I see your new avatar, I get kind of lightheaded....whew!!

What happened to Charlie Chaplin? Details, please!

Nancy

And hey EVERYONE!!!! Take a gander at my new avatar...Beda's finest work!!!!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Speaking of avatars, that pensive Ronald Colman one is among the best you've made, Beda, though that Olivia De Havilland one that Nancy is sporting at the moment is quite dazzling as well. You're on a roll, girl.
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Charlie Chaplin???

Post by movieman1957 »

knitwit45 wrote:
And hey EVERYONE!!!! Take a gander at my new avatar...Beda's finest work!!!!
I thought that was the delicate hand of Beda. It's a lovely picture.

(Now back to the topic.)
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Beda, you chose my FAVORITE Ronnie picture for your new Avatar. I mean, I love that picture.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Beda,

You are so creative and gifted. And thanks to you I have my first avatar ever! :wink:
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Hi Beda,

Tell me please, how is it that you can animate an avatar like the one MissG is using of Gary Cooper. What do you need to do to make it move and what limitations are there? I'd like to try my hand at creating one. I don't know how successful I'd be but maybe I could take a flyer on one? Are there any tutorials that you know of? Thanks.

As always,

Hollis