Thanks Again to all of you!

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
moira finnie
Administrator

Welcome, Rusty!

Post by moira finnie »

Hey, Rusty, glad you're here. I think the TCM refugee couple are just so happy to be here in the clean, bright sunlight of a friendly movie forum that he's afraid to let her go! Let's hope these "kids" can make it as a team.
MissGoddess

I'm here and I like it!

Post by MissGoddess »

:lol: Yippee! Seeing my poor little Counsellor-at-Law thread totally destroyed at TCM, it's such a pleasure to come here. I like this format and can't wait to set up my own Avatar. It's the little things.....

Cheers,

Miss G
moira finnie
Administrator

Welcome, Miss G.!

Post by moira finnie »

Good Morning, Miss Goddess. You've been missed. Hope that you'll be contributing alot soon.
vallo

Post by vallo »

Glad to see you here :shock: Miss G. Welcome to the "Some -what" normal Refugee camp.. Welcome aboard!

vallo
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Thanks for the welcome, which I pass on to all who come after. And I forgot to say earlier that I think you all, including, Jon & Pktrekgirl have done a smashing job here. I really like the "retro" look of the place.

And "hi" Bobhopefan1940! Glad to see you here, too! :lol:

Yes, Vallo, I will happily be a piggy "board hog" if allowed. I'm still not sure about pictures, though, are we only allowed to post them on that separate page?
SSO Admins
Administrator

Re: I'm here and I like it!

Post by SSO Admins »

MissGoddess wrote::lol: Yippee! Seeing my poor little Counsellor-at-Law thread totally destroyed at TCM, it's such a pleasure to come here.
That's such a great movie. "20th Century" gets noticed more, but I think CAL is John Barrymore's finest role.
Last edited by SSO Admins on April 17th, 2007, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ken123

Site Talk

Post by ken123 »

I am glad to see such wonderful people joining up. :lol:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Oh God!!! Someone kick me!

I just reread my post of thanks and realized I had moira on my mind to not forget her for all she's done, and I put her name in, instead of pktrekgirl for getting my Avatar done.

pktrekgirl, I am sooooooo sorry! I swear it was a senior moment!

Thank you for all of your help.

Anne
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

MissGoddess wrote:And "hi" Bobhopefan1940! Glad to see you here, too! :lol:
Yes, I'm here... It's always a pleasure to see you, of course. And I love your avatar, now how did I see that coming? :wink:
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I'm loving everybody's Avatar's so far. There are some really creative ones. I can't believe Ken doesn't have that redheaded chick for his...come on Kenny! :lol:
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Re: I'm here and I like it!

Post by pktrekgirl »

MissGoddess wrote::lol: Yippee! Seeing my poor little Counsellor-at-Law thread totally destroyed at TCM, it's such a pleasure to come here. I like this format and can't wait to set up my own Avatar. It's the little things.....

Cheers,

Miss G
Man...I didn't even see the Counsellor-at-Law thread. :(

Musta gotten buried under a huge pile of tasty spam. :P
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

It was in the Films and Filmmakers thread. It was a really loooong post about why I love this film so much so you aren't missing anything, lol!

But I still highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

MissGoddess wrote:It was in the Films and Filmmakers thread. It was a really loooong post about why I love this film so much so you aren't missing anything, lol!

But I still highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.
Actually, I'm particularly keen to hear your comments as I recently purchased this film on DVD. I love John Barrymore, and decided it was high time to watch more of his films - this being one of the ones I was most interested in.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Have you seen "Midnight"? JB stars with Claudette Colbert and Don Ameche. It's quite funny but it hasn't been on in awhile and I don't think it's on DVD.

So, why did I bring it up? Just in case.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I'm a big fan of JB. His appeal is not so different from Errol's, and it is hard not to make the comparisons.

I think Counsellor-at-Law contains John's last truly great performance. He is not in heavy make-up and not parodying himself, he is turning in an honest, human performance and gets to flex his talents by exhibiting a wide-range of emotions in his scenes. He dominates the picture, but the supporting cast is a brilliant one, each inididual shining more brightly in his orbit and under Wyler's sure hand. This movie has shot to the top of my William Wyler "most admired" films list. It's very funny and will break your heart. What more can one ask?

Midnight is a terrific screwball comedy, one of the best, but John Barrymore has already begun to show heartbreaking signs of deterioration. He's never bad, but it's painful to see him actually reading the cue cards. This once magnificent talent. I would recommend you see Counsellor-at-Law first.

Miss G