What forums would you like to see?

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
ken123

Forum Topics

Post by ken123 »

How about " Favorite Red - Haired Actress from Ireland ".
feaito

Post by feaito »

It would be great if there was a Thread for "What films have you seen lately?", to discuss films we've watched at Forums, festivals, cinema, TCM, TV in general, DVD et al.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Foreign

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I have no problem with posting foreign film under specific genres in the general forums.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
ken123

Forum Topics

Post by ken123 »

How about " Villains you Love to Hate " ?
" Leading Men and/or Ladies that you can't Stand "
"Remakes that are Actually Better than the Original "
" A Horror Thread " -- and I don't mean Tom Cruise and/or Jerry Lewis films
"Biblical Epics " :wink: :wink:
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I think an "Information" forum like the TCM forum for asking questions would be helpful.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

How about designating Foreign Language Films? As was told me by someone who shall remain nameless, ALL foreign films are not foreign language, like English, Irish, Australian, etc.

I like the In Memorium and In Celebration idea.

As for actors and actresses. I think a specific forum is unnecessary because when discussing a movie, often an actors personal traits, and idiosyncrasies are discussed, thereby making it redundant to repeat in a Favorite classification. However, if you did make a Favorites forum, is there a Search option to use to make sure a thread has not been previously opened? And while we're at it, what about putting it in the rules to search for a subject before starting a new thread?

Finally (I'm almost done folks), How about a new vs. old forum wherein we could discuss new movies that copy stories from old movies? Not necessarily re-makes, although probable, but things like Miranda whose lead character is a mermaid like Ann Blythe in 'Mr Peabody and the Mermaid' or 'Splash'.

That's all Folks!!

Anne
ken123

Forums

Post by ken123 »

What about a forum dealing with Private Detectives, Charlie Chan, Mr. Moto, Marlowe, Michael Shayne, even Dr. Wong. :roll:
ken123

Forum Topics

Post by ken123 »

How about a Warren William forum, for the ladies, with alota of pics. I personally prefer pics of brunettes & redheads, Joan, Linda, Paulette, and Maureen. :)
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Good morning, fellow Refugees. I have a question for you --

Can I continue my Gallery of Characters daily birthdays here? I'm and finding that doing the research is very entertaining and informative for me, and the folks on the "other" board seem to like it, but I don't want to gum up the works with lots of graphics and such if you think it's inadvisable.

If no - I'll probably continue it on the "other" board, but I'd rather take up residence here.

Let me know what you think.
Cheers,
Judith
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

jdb1 wrote:Can I continue my Gallery of Characters daily birthdays here? I'm and finding that doing the research is very entertaining and informative for me, and the folks on the "other" board seem to like it, but I don't want to gum up the works with lots of graphics and such if you think it's inadvisable.
That would be great!
Hollis

Written on the Wind?

Post by Hollis »

Whoa Nelly!

Has there ever been a worse actor to "grace" the Silver Screen than Robert Stack? As Elliot Ness he was barely believable. In my considered opinion, he's not worth the light it takes reflecting off of him and into the camera's lens! And what a contrived, silly waste of film this movie was! Sorry, but I'm not bashing, I'm criticizing.

Hollis
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

jondaris wrote:
jdb1 wrote:Can I continue my Gallery of Characters daily birthdays here? I'm and finding that doing the research is very entertaining and informative for me, and the folks on the "other" board seem to like it, but I don't want to gum up the works with lots of graphics and such if you think it's inadvisable.
That would be great!
I like the suggestion of a category for "Movie People" or "Tributes" or "Favorites" or something like. It would make finding threads like the Gallery easier. So where do you suggest I post a gallery for now?

Now to determine if I can post my photos without trouble.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

jon and moira:

We have a Musicals, Western, Film Noir, and Comedy main topics, we need a Drama as well.

I started to post about Executive Suite, but realized there was no specific topic for its' kind of movie.

What do you think?

Anne
ken123

Sci Fi

Post by ken123 »

Sci Fi and Horror should have a forum. :wink:
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

It's taken me a bit to get back to this, for which I apologize. Between work, having wisdom teeth removed (ouch!) and dealing with help issues, I've been pretty busy.

So here's what we have so far (ignoring most of ken's suggestions) along with my suggestions. Please let me know what you think.:

People -- we need this
In Celebration -- could be a thread under "People"
In Memoriam -- could be a thread under "People"
Foreign Film -- i responded to this on page one, but it's still open for discussion
What films have you seen lately -- to me this is a thread, not a forum.
Information -- Do people feel like is really of use, or should people just post their questions wherever they want to? I really want to know.
Foreign Language -- I still feel like these should go in the genre forums
Private Detectives -- should be threads in the "Film Noir and Crime" forum
Drama -- I agree with the need for this
Sci Fi and Horror -- I agree with the need for this

What do you think? I'd like to keep things from becoming unwieldy, and I'm mosre inclined to make a lot of things threads rather than forums, but need user feedback.