Difficulty Accessing Site

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
MissGoddess

Difficulty Accessing Site

Post by MissGoddess »

I seem to have no trouble accessing SSO at the moment, but a couple of people have contacted me and said they are being redirected to some strange URL when they try to get here. Has anyone else had any issues this morning?
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Difficulty Accessing Site

Post by movieman1957 »

I have not had any problem this morning. If it happens again let Moira or me know what the URL is (by PM i guess is best) and we'll have Jon take a look.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Hi Chris! Moira's one of the people who contacted me! I think she's already let Jon know.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

What a week. Everything seems to be up and running. I hope everyone will join back in. I sure have missed everyone over the week.

So, what has everyone been up to?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Geez LOUISE!!! I had no idea how much I enjoy this place until it was gone. Talk about withdrawal symptoms!!!

Thanks for all the hard work, stress, anxiety, etc that you guys went thru to get us up and going again.

whew! I feel better already!
klondike

Post by klondike »

Mrs. K turns, ummm . . . one year older tomorrow, so we're off to P.K.'s for oysters & shots (no physicians required); but how very nice to be headed that way knowing that my beloved Silver Screen Oasis is again, finally, shining its silver nitrate beacons acrost this modern desert of mediocre media . . for the last 5 days, I've felt like I'd been shanghai'ed!
If there's a better, deeper, richer, sweeter, more satisfying 4 letter word than HOME, anywhere around this big ol' world, I can't imagine what it'd be!
Chat ya all later!
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh -- I missed you all so much!!! So very happy to be back.

SSO Rules!!!
feaito

Post by feaito »

Viva!! Yippee!!

I feel like Dorothy returning to Kansas!! :wink:

How I missed this site, which is HOME to me too....

Looking forward to chatting with all.....

Fernando
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

I hadn't been able to get on the site since last Monday evening; it's great to be back.

I really missed visiting, even though I've only been a member for a couple of months -- I was in withdrawal. :wink: :D
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Withdrawal, tell me about it :roll:

I am so happy to be back :D :D :D
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
rudyfan

Post by rudyfan »

Yay, glad all is well and back up and running (smoothly I hope) :D
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Glad the site is back up! Even though I don't post all that much, I enjoy reading what eveyone has to say. Lordy, what a shock to get redirected to that squatter site!
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
vallo

Post by vallo »

Ah! Made it. I must have made the wrong turn in Albuquergue. :oops: Good to be back...

Bill
"We're all forgotten sooner or later. But not films. That's all the memorial we should need or hope for."
-Burt Lancaster
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Wellwhatayaknow!!!

What's this ? I wanted to buy some silver screens, and I get directed to a movie site ! Oh well, I suppose I could stick around... I'll have to let me left arm twist my right. I wonder if anyone here thinks that Pink Flamingos is the best movie ever made ! Maybe we could have a poll ? Nah, that's too far fetched an idea to float. I'll just sit here and act dignified even if I'm not ! No one will be the wiser if I become part of the scenery...

By the way, my name's Hollis, what's yours ?
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

If you are already a member and are having trouble logging in to this site using IE or Firefox, please try these remedies:

1.) Go to the bottom of the main page of this site. Look for the hyperlink that says:
Delete all board cookies. Click on that.

2.) It would also be helpful and advisable for the health of your computer to go to your browser weekly and clean things out. On IE you go to Tools between Favorites and Help on the top of your browser page, and look for Internet Options. When you click on Internet Options, a pop-up will appear and you then want to find the area that shows Temporary Internet Files and you then Delete Cookies and Delete Files (most of the time it is best to delete all offline files here too). Just under the Temporary Internet Files area you will see a spot marked History. You may find it best to delete history and reset your history files so that they are only saved for a short period of time.)

On Firefox you access this same area under Tools (between Bookmarks and Help on the top of your Firefox page and then go to >Clear Private Data.
Click that.

You can also access your temporary internet files on a Windows based PC under your Computer>C drive.

I would advise logging off, and rebooting your computer after you've taken these steps.

When you come back to the SSO after purging cookies and temporary internet files:

When you log in using your screen name and password, be sure that you check the little box on the Login page that says "Log me on automatically each visit".

I'm hoping that these steps will enable you to access the site without further trouble. I've also forwarded your concerns to Jon.
Thanks for your patience,
Moira
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks