SSO's Upcoming Upgrade on AUG. 1st & 2nd

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
moira finnie
Administrator

SSO's Upcoming Upgrade on AUG. 1st & 2nd

Post by moira finnie »

Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Lomm
Administrator

Re: SSO's Upcoming Upgrade on AUG. 1st & 2nd

Post by Lomm »

So everyone knows, the board is updated, as you can probably see. As you can also see (in our header and quote up there mostly), we have some kinks to work out. Fortunately, none of them will require any further down time, so enjoy yourselves here as always while we work behind the scenes to get things back in order up top. Thanks for your patience! :)
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

The admins may already be aware, but just in case:

Quick Links > Active topics is not listing all discussions that have received posts within the past seven days. For example, Joe's 'Candids II' discussion is not listed, even though its most recent post was yesterday (August 01).
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Thanks for catching that. With the new software, I had to go to each forum individually and enable active topics link, and I missed one. It shows up now.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Everything should be in proper working order now! Any questions or issues that come up, please feel free to PM me or post in this thread.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I have mixed feelings about these changes and it will take some time for me to get a handle of it.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

It's not all that different, really. Some new functionality and slightly different icons (which will take getting used to, yes). Necessary upgrade for security patches and things though.
Professional Tourist

The Quick Links are new, as is the Quick Reply box. Some features which were accessed with one click now take two. The banner image at the top of page used to replicate itself to fill the width of the page; it no longer does. Links to profile and private messages have shifted from left to right. Not big deals, but certainly differences in the look and feel of the site.
Professional Tourist

One of the new features I would appreciate is the "jump to page" button, which would be handy in navigating longer topics -- but I haven't gotten it to work. I click the button, enter the page number to which I'd like to jump, then click Go, but nothing at all happens. I've tried it in a few topics without success. [I'm working from Firefox 39 on a Mac.]
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

I looked into it, and apparently it's a known issue about the jump to page not working. There is a fix coming.

What are the things that take two clicks now? Maybe it's something I can change. Some links at the top I noticed. What else?
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

I have found a fix for the jump to page! I will put it in tomorrow. Do let me know what else you notice with the extra clicks to find/access things and I'll see about those things too.
Professional Tourist

Lomm wrote:What are the things that take two clicks now? Maybe it's something I can change. Some links at the top I noticed. What else?
Here's an example. If you're at the index page and want to switch to active topics, now you click Quick links first, then click Active topics. Previously, there was an 'active topics' link at the top of the index page, one click. It's not a big deal, though.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

I find that annoying too. :) I'll see about getting the easier links back.

The jump to page has been fixed already. It was easier than I thought it would be so I just did it real quick now.
Professional Tourist

Lomm wrote:The jump to page has been fixed already. It was easier than I thought it would be so I just did it real quick now.
It's working! Groovy! 8)
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

One of bad things that I've noticed about these changes is that you have to LOG ON to VIEW THE BIRTHDAYS on this Forum; having said that - one of the best thing about the OLD FORUM is the ability to see the birthdays in view without logging on. Many days, I don't login - and now I have to login every single day to not to miss a member's birthday here in this FORUM.

This is not good at all.