Our New Moderator

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
jamesjazzguitar

Re: Our New Moderator

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

jimimac71 wrote: January 18th, 2023, 10:17 pm I’m not Lisa … My name is Julie.
I don’t know how to embed a picture or video here yet, but you old-timers know Jessi Colter.
I believe Spence is running the big film projector in the sky.
I checked with the moderator of the other website; you were not banned. He said you deleted your account and when one does that one can't rejoin for 10 days due to technical issues. Note that I'm not recommending you or anyone else join that other website. I just wanted to clarify that the mod over there isn't banning people. All are welcome.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

I appreciate your assistance here jamesjazzguitar. I don't really want to return to that forum. Don't want to be where people are talking about me, quoting me from this forum, which is suppose to be a big no-no, on most forums, and allowing guests to posts. The people who are talking about me are guests. I am not going to redo my account there just to report the problem to TopBilled.
The more I look at this forum, the more I like it. The staff is a fine group. I don't dislike TopBilled. He seems to have total control over the forum without anyone else as Admin or Moderator. He is a writer, and probably a good one. He needs to have additional people, as Silver Screen Oasis does. There are positives here and negatives there, at least for me. I apologize for taking up space that should be about TikiSoo.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

jimimac71 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 5:57 pm I appreciate your assistance here jamesjazzguitar. I don't really want to return to that forum. Don't want to be where people are talking about me, quoting me from this forum, which is suppose to be a big no-no, on most forums, and allowing guests to posts. The people who are talking about me are guests. I am not going to redo my account there just to report the problem to TopBilled.
The more I look at this forum, the more I like it. The staff is a fine group. I don't dislike TopBilled. He seems to have total control over the forum without anyone else as Admin or Moderator. He is a writer, and probably a good one. He needs to have additional people, as Silver Screen Oasis does. There are positives here and negatives there, at least for me. I apologize for taking up space that should be about TikiSoo.
The matter is closed. Look forward to discussion movies and music at this forum.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Well, I see you talking behind my back over there. It is WRONG to repeat posts from one forum to another. That is my point.
"The matter is closed" and minutes later, I see you talking about me. Make up your mind.
LiamCasey

Post by LiamCasey »

Lzcutter wrote: January 11th, 2023, 10:37 am We are pleased to announce that TikiSoo has agreed to join our moderator team! She was a long time member at TCM City and we are thrilled to have her join our team!

A friendly reminder of who the team is:
Chris (movieman1957)
Lynn (lzcutter),
Christy (SueSueApplegate),
and our tech, Lomm.

And now TikiSoo!!!
:smiley_clap:
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Well, I’m not so sure about that. Since when did these people ever give anybody a helping hand? We all need someone we can bleed on? Am I right? Or am I way off base again? Off topic again? Lomm is the tech?? But he has a say in the threads? I’ll leave it to Millstone to figure out. I’m drunk and I’m going to my spot on the couch to pass out.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

But I’ll be back.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

And I’m back already. It’s freezing cold in here, in my little room, impossible to sleep, this is the way it ends, huh?
Frozen feet and frozen tongue, nowhere to go and nothing to say.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

In New Orleans?
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Thompson wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:17 pm Well, I’m not so sure about that. Since when did these people ever give anybody a helping hand? We all need someone we can bleed on? Am I right? Or am I way off base again? Off topic again? Lomm is the tech?? But he has a say in the threads? I’ll leave it to Millstone to figure out. I’m drunk and I’m going to my spot on the couch to pass out.
I am a jack of all trades, not just the tech. :) I don't really think my asking people to get along is too over the line as far as "having a say" anyway, and would think any of you could feel free to say the same.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Hibi wrote: January 20th, 2023, 9:03 amIn New Orleans?
I like to exaggerate a bit. But still, just like it gets so hot in the summer, the humidity makes it cold in the winter, a damp cold.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I’m proud of my new rhyme though, my new quote - frozen feet and frozen tongue, nowhere to go and nothing to say.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Thompson wrote: January 20th, 2023, 11:05 am I’m proud of my new rhyme though, my new quote - frozen feet and frozen tongue, nowhere to go and nothing to say.
LOL. A poet.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Thompson wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:57 am
Hibi wrote: January 20th, 2023, 9:03 amIn New Orleans?
I like to exaggerate a bit. But still, just like it gets so hot in the summer, the humidity makes it cold in the winter, a damp cold.
Yeah, a rainy cold is the worst.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I got another one y’all are free to steal. This is an ode to outside cats — you hang around at supper time / you hang around in the morning / you don’t seem to like me much / but your bellies are as round as Ezra Pound.