Greetings to the forum

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
feaito

Re: Greetings to the forum

Post by feaito »

Welcome Richard & Bob. Glad to have more Noir fans!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Welcome, guys! Be sure to drop by Dewey's House of Noir!

Moe
aka Knitwit45
dickson

Post by dickson »

I am a new member. Looks like a great site.

Went through all the site and was especially interested in the Academy Award pictures. My question is: does anyone have pictures of those acting winners who were not present at the awards? People such as Robert Donat, Paul Scofield, Wendy Hiller, Charles Laughton, Sandy Dennis, Paul Newman(his acting award), of course Katherine Hepburn, Maggie Smiths first award, Ellen Burstyn, Glenda Jackson and probably more. Also, did George C Scott and Marlon Brando ever pickup their awards they refused?

i am very interested in film noir. Tonight The Uninvited is on. Have seen it many times, but will watch it again.

dickson
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Welcome Richard, Bob, and Dickson ... we love to have you all aboard with us. We will be looking forward knowing more about you ... and check out everything ... I have been here two months ... and still learning new things about our cinematic history :!:
feaito

Post by feaito »

Welcome on board Dickson
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Welcome, Dickson! I don't know about those photos you requested, but if you have not done so you might try an internet search with performer's name "with Oscar (year)".
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Happy to meet you, Dickson! It is always a pleasure to meet anyone who appreciates The Uninvited. Are you a Ray Milland fan as well?
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
maricatrin

Greetings to the forum

Post by maricatrin »

Hello all, I'm a young lady who loves classic movies. When I'm not working, I spend (waste? no!) much of my time watching old movies. I have pretty eclectic tastes, so I can't name any one genre I focus on... (I do like westerns very much, however!)

P.S.
I found this site while doing web searches for Ben Johnson and Gilbert Roland (I was delighted to see so many fellow fans of theirs!)
maricatrin

Post by maricatrin »

moirafinnie wrote:Happy to meet you, Dickson! It is always a pleasure to meet anyone who appreciates The Uninvited. Are you a Ray Milland fan as well?
I really like Ray in his leading man era. Favorites include The Big Clock, The Major and the Minor, Copper Canyon, Ministry of Fear, It Happens Every Spring, and, of course, The Uninvited.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Welcome, Maricatrin!

I'm delighted to meet someone whose taste extends from Ray Milland to Gilbert Roland and Ben Johnson. Around here, most of us don't feel that time is ever wasted when we are relishing a classic movie. I hope that you'll let our friendly members know if you need any help navigating the site. It's always a pleasure to find a fellow film fan.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Welcome Maricatrin. Westerns? We'll get along just fine.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
maricatrin

Post by maricatrin »

Thank you, Moira and Chris, for the warm welcome. (I'm not the most computer literate person in the world, so I might very well have some questions before too long. :wink:)

Yes, I really enjoy watching John Wayne, Gary Cooper, Jimmy Stewart, Randolph Scott, (and, of course, Ben Johnson!), et al., riding across the silver screen. I also enjoy a B-western now and then, Tim Holt being a favorite in that department.

Have a Happy Easter, all!
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Welcome to Mariacatrin and Dickson!

Mariacatrin,

You will find plenty of us love to talk to westerns from the great ones to the Bs and everything in between. We love John Wayne, Coop, Randolph (cue chorus) Scott and all the others!

I think Movieman1957 might be right, sooner or later all conversations about westerns come back to Liberty Valance and The Searchers. At least 'round here they seem to.

But we love a good conversation about any western.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

klondike

Post by klondike »

Lzcutter wrote: . . . sooner or later all conversations about westerns come back to Liberty Valance and The Searchers.
And if you follow those long enough, they always converge at the doorstep of She Wore a Yellow Ribbon ! :wink:
maricatrin

Post by maricatrin »

Lynn and Klondike, thanks for the information. So the unwritten rule is that all roads West eventually lead to John Ford Westerns? Not a bad rule at all. :wink: