Hi, I'm a new member

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
molo

Hi, I'm a new member

Post by molo »

Hi,
I just joined here recently. Some of you may know me from the TCM boards. I'm looking forward to participating in this forum. I've been lurking for a while now.

I love most all types of classic films. My recent viewings have included In A Lonely Place, The Misfits, Sudden Fear, Shall We Dance, Easy Living, Pickup On South Street, The Gangs All Here, The Innocents and Road To Bali, just to give you some idea of my tastes. I also recently participated in lzcutter's recent TCM class on John Ford Westerns which I enjoyed very much.

My favorite actors include James Cagney, Bob Hope, Clark Gable, Jean Arthur, Ida Lupino, Robert Ryan, Jack Carson, and all things Gloria Grahame. :wink: This is just a brief list of course, and don't get me started on great character actors or I'll talk all night. :)

I work as an Academic Librarian in Virginia and have a passion for history and classic cinema, happily, there are occasions where those interests and my job intersect. I look forward to joining in and contributing to the discussions here very much. I just wanted to introduce myself for now. I'll try to figure out the avatar thing later.

Whew! These introductory posts are hard.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Welcome, Molo! Samuel Fuller, Nicholas Ray, Robert Ryan, Jean Arthur and Gloria Grahme -- that works for me.

Jump in now and often.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Glad to have you hear. We share an interest in many of the same stars and I love history.

First post down now it's easy.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Hi Molo.
I read and enjoy your posts all the time over on TCM. I hope that you'll find this site to your liking. The natives are very friendly. Welcome. :wink:
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Hi Molo, welcome to SSO. No need for intros--we know you well (as a Lupino fan I hope you enjoy The Big Knife [1955] showing tonight). Just jump in and post my friend. 8)
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Hi there Molo -- looking forward to reading your posts here at SSO. It's a terrific place to share your views on films and quite a bit more. Welcome aboard!
Ann Harding

Post by Ann Harding »

Hi Molo! Welcome on board!!!! :)
Synnove

Post by Synnove »

Hi Molo. I hope you'll enjoy it here. :)
molo

Post by molo »

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I think I'm going to like it here.

Hi Mr. Arkadin,
I work in the evenings but I recorded The Big Knife. I hope to watch it this evening.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Welcome Molo!! :D You came to the best place on the net! :wink:
Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

Hey, molo! Good to see someone else around here that truly appreciates the brilliance of Three Wise Fools !

Pat
molo

Post by molo »

Feaito,
Thanks for the welcome. There are so many interesting topics here. Where to begin?

Hi Pat,
Yes Three Wise Fools is wonderful. Why can't more people get that?
Hopefully TCM will get their print fixed.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Welcome Molo, I hope you enjoy it here :D
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Hi Molo,

Sorry it took me so long to extend a welcome to you. This is really one of the best sites to be found anywhere on the web. A great group of people with more knowledge than you can imagine! Enjoy! :D

As always,

Hollis