Hi there!!

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
Moviedaughter1990

Hi there!!

Post by Moviedaughter1990 »

Salutations!!

My name is Mo and I'm new to the boards but not to TCM.

My Father has given me the gift of love for all types of movies no matter the era. I grew up watching many black and white, silent films and post WW2 movies. Since then, I have called upon my Father's amazing collection and began to look for new movies on my own.
I am fond of the romantic comedies such as "Vivacious Lady", "My Man Godfrey" and "Philadelphia Story". However, I love suspense such as "Wait until Dark" and comedies like "Blazing Saddles". My style is very eclectic.

I am looking forward to the knowledge we all have to offer each other and checking a few more movies off my list.
-Mo
Rita Hayworth

Re: Hi there!!

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Mo,

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here in Silver Screen Oasis ... looking forward hearing you what to say and all.

I do like your three selections of Romantic Comedies ... and other film choices that you have not reveal yet! :)
Lucky Vassall

Post by Lucky Vassall »

Welcome, Mo.

I've only been a member for a few months, but I already know that you can count on a warm welcome from all these movie lovers. And, more important, your views and opinions will be listened to and respected. Happy times ahead!

Lucky
[size=85]AVATAR: Billy DeWolfe as Mrs. Murgatroid, “Blue Skies” (1946)

[b]“My ancestors came over on the Mayflower.”
“You’re lucky. Now they have immigration laws."[/b]
[i]Mae West, The Heat’s On” (1943[/i])

[b]:–)—[/b]
Pinoc-U-no(se)[/size]
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

So glad you have arrived at our movie sandbox, Mo. If you need any help, please let us know. Any connoisseur of Vivacious Lady (1938) is surely going to find some friends here. Welcome to the dance...

Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Mo,

Welcome to the Oasis! We've got a terrific community of film lovers here who love to share their knowledge and their ideas. We also have a "Guest Star" program that includes authors, film historians and others who work with classic films, who do question and answer interviews with us.

Previous guests can be found here: http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/viewforum.php?f=36

So, hope you will join in our reindeer games and have a great time!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Moviedaughter1990 wrote:Salutations!!

My name is Mo and I'm new to the boards but not to TCM.

My Father has given me the gift of love for all types of movies no matter the era. I grew up watching many black and white, silent films and post WW2 movies. Since then, I have called upon my Father's amazing collection and began to look for new movies on my own.
I am fond of the romantic comedies such as "Vivacious Lady", "My Man Godfrey" and "Philadelphia Story". However, I love suspense such as "Wait until Dark" and comedies like "Blazing Saddles". My style is very eclectic.

I am looking forward to the knowledge we all have to offer each other and checking a few more movies off my list.
I think I even taught her how to spell eclectic.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

I think I even taught her how to spell eclectic.
Not only that, she may be the first member of SSO to use it in a sentence.

Mo...go to the Dark Side. Post in Film Noir.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Moviedaughter1990

Post by Moviedaughter1990 »

Thank you all for welcoming me to your "movie sandbox"! I'm absolutely positive I'm going to love it!!

Masha, thank you for all of your wonderful suggestions. It seems as thought I may have to upgrade my Netflix account and scour TCM's schedule for the list of movies you have provided.

That's probably true, Dad. You taught me a lot although I might not always remember. Ha!

ChiO, I definitely plan to!! I've got a lot of movie watching to do.
I know I've seen a handful but can't recall them. My dad usually reminds me of what I've watched (haha).
-Mo
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

How lovely to see you here, Mo. I think you will find this a very nice sandbox, indeed!!

Nancy
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

It's wonderful to meet you, Movie Daughter! We have a great time here, and look forward to your contributions.
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

I'm a bit late to this party, but WELCOME!

Sandy K