posting a photo

Having problems? Get help here.
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: posting a photo

Post by moira finnie »

Masha, I believe that the attachment approach to posting images may be okay, though, as Lomm pointed out so well, this can have an impact on the software underpinning a site. Since we moved to a new hosting platform last year, the SSO appears to be much more stable (as I cross my fingers) and we have seen little trouble on the site.

Personally, I have been using Photobucket, Picturetrail, Imgur, and other photosharing sites in their free versions only for years without an issue. That does not mean that there are no security issues, but I have not experienced any directly through them and find these sites to be efficient and easy to navigate. I don't find logging into sites too cumbersome, but we are each different in our reactions, so it may be your own preference ultimately. Your arrangement with your fiance to share his website sounds as though it works for you.

Again, though, I urge all members to avoid hotlinking to images that are not their own on other sites for the reasons explained above in this thread.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Is anyone else receiving multiple notifications of the same post? Mine are spaced out, look like new posts, but when I click on the link, it takes me to the ones that have been read, with no newer posts on the thread. Hmmmmmm.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

It happens to me...maybe once every few months.

I chalk it up to one too many martoonis.

What's your excuse?
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I been siiiiiiick.....
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

I want a martooni!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

knitwit45 wrote:Is anyone else receiving multiple notifications of the same post? Mine are spaced out, look like new posts, but when I click on the link, it takes me to the ones that have been read, with no newer posts on the thread. Hmmmmmm.
Nope. Maybe if you clean out your cache this will go away? I would also try logging in and out of your email account where you receive these notices. If this is a message received on here as a PM, I would go to the bottom of the main SSO page and click on the "Delete all board cookies" hyperlink that appears at the right, log in and out of your SSO account and see if that helps. Please let me know if this helps, Nan. (BTW, good to see you posting!!).

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Got 8 notices each of 4 different threads. I have deleted all board cookies, and am going to unsubscribe for those 4 threads. Argh. Thanks, Moira!!!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

knitwit45 wrote:Got 8 notices each of 4 different threads. I have deleted all board cookies, and am going to unsubscribe for those 4 threads. Argh. Thanks, Moira!!!
Sorry to read that, Nan. Hope this isn't happening to everyone. I will try to look around for an answer. Thanks for telling us about this occurrence.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks