First Biography of Albert Capellani

Read any good books lately?
Ann Harding

First Biography of Albert Capellani

Post by Ann Harding »

I am going to blow my own horn, I hope you don't mind. My first book as an author is coming out now. It's the first ever biography of French film pioneer Albert Capellani who worked for Pathé and later in the USA in Fort Lee and Hollywood.
The book is now available from amazon.fr.
It's a tremendous pleasure to see the result of months of patient research arriving on the shelves of bookshops. Capellani has been badly overlooked for nearly a century. Only a few years ago, he received the tribute he deserved in the Bologna Film Festival. He directed Mistinguett, Clara Kimball Young and Alla Nazimova. He was also the first film maker to direct a multi-reel adaptation of Les Misérables in 1912.
I hope to be able at some point to publish an English version of the book.
Rita Hayworth

Re: First Biography of Albert Capellani

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Congratulations Ann Harding!
Ann Harding

Post by Ann Harding »

Thank you, Kingme!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Congratulations Christine, I know how hard you have worked and how tight your deadlines have been and how your workload has prevented you coming here as often as you'd like. I hope it meets with good critical reviews in the French press and that it launches lots of other ventures for you.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin