Charlie Chaplin Desktop

Post your Classic Film-related art here!
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Charlie Chaplin Desktop

Post by pktrekgirl »

Posted in honor of his birthday today - April 16th.

If you would like a copy of this desktop, please don't take the one above as it's a 'thumbnail' and will appear in poor quality on your screen.

Leave me your email address, however, and I'll be glad to send you a copy! :)
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Happy Birthday Chaplin! :D Hi, pktrekgirl... As always, your desktops leave me in awe -

Danielle
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

^ Thanks bobhopefan! Good to see you here! Both you and Bob! :D
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

pktrekgirl wrote:^ Thanks bobhopefan! Good to see you here! Both you and Bob! :D
:lol: Thank you, I'm loving it... :wink:
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Gorgeous work PK, as always. 8)
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Thanks very much! :)
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Girl, you CANNOT have that as your Avatar----I swear I'll have a heart attack!!!! :lol:
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

:lol:

Half nekkid Rudy is pretty beautiful, isn't he? 8)

Or is it REALLY because you want me to change to the Coop/Babs avatar I made? :P
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

It's because Rudy is so beautiful! And so manly looking. So, do you recommend I get "Dark Lover"---is it fairly accurate?
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

^ Yes. I HIGHLY recommend that book. IMO, it is the most comprehensive biography of Valentino - and since it is fairly recent, can be had at a reasonable price.

There are a few Valentino-related books that are in the same league...but they are all WAY old...and fairly pricey to anyone who is not a Valentino collector.
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

MissGoddess wrote:It's because Rudy is so beautiful! And so manly looking. So, do you recommend I get "Dark Lover"---is it fairly accurate?
I didn't have time to post this before, but I also wanted to add a comment about a criticism that you will quickly become well acquainted with if you start any reading about Valentino.

Back about 1925 or so, some reporter in Chicago who I suspect was annoyed with Rudy's huge popularity with the ladies, referred to him as 'a pink powder puff'. Needless to say, Rudy was offended by this remark and ended up publicly challenging the guy to a boxing match. The guy never responded...weenie that he was and all (it's easy to hid behind a pen).

But photos like this one are to this day still validation of our position that Valentino was most certainly NOT a 'powder puff' - pink or any other color! :lol:

Now...does he look like a powder puff to you???? :P
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

pktrekgirl wrote:^ Yes. I HIGHLY recommend that book. IMO, it is the most comprehensive biography of Valentino - and since it is fairly recent, can be had at a reasonable price.

There are a few Valentino-related books that are in the same league...but they are all WAY old...and fairly pricey to anyone who is not a Valentino collector.
Hi! Thank you for confirming that because I do want to read a reputable biography.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

pktrekgirl wrote:
Now...does he look like a powder puff to you???? :P
Ahem, the answer is categorically NO!!!! :lol: