Pencil Art

Post your Classic Film-related art here!
metsfan

Post by metsfan »

The only wood work I've done is making small scale weapons out of popsicle sticks. lol I'm fascinated with martial arts weapons so I made a few of these out of boredom and painted them.
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Hi, Danny.

Love your drawings! I prefer working in pencil, too, although I don't have anywhere near the talent that you've shown here. One of these days I'll invest in a real set of drawing pencils... not that that will make me any better, but it will help with getting blacker blacks and softer shading.

I hope you will keep on posting some of your works here. Even the ones that aren't related to classic movies will be entertaining.
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

:D Hi Charlie!

Thanks so much for dropping me a line, and for the incredible compliment. I'm afraid all I do is copy pictures... Everyone always underplays their own work so I'm sure your art is beautiful, and a good set of pencils can be really important with drawing. I like the ones that have all the different strengths, I've always just used the 6.95 set from Wal-Mart, :lol: So nothing special here!

I've got some older drawings, but not much as of late. I actually drew Leila Hyams recently for a friend from another site... I'll see if I can upload it. It's not very large, but it would be something to look at. I do like posting art, it's alot of fun. Thanks again for being so kind -

Danielle
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

I just read this whole thread for the first time today.

Danny, your drawings are incredible!

Sandy K
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Thanks for dropping by, Sandy! I forgot to post the Hyams art, so here we go. There's also an old pic of a baby that is my grandmother's favorite. It's not all that, because I did it like 3 years ago, but I thought I would post it anyway for fun. :P

A note: My grandmother loves Clark Gable, so I am drawing a portrait for her of Gable :) I might post it soon, before I give it to her, hoping some of you (Miss G?) could help me out with how much it favors him. I'm not a big Gable fan, so it is hard for me to say. Thanks -

Danny
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Those are amazing. You are truly gifted. I'm amazed you have time to create them with your busy schedule.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

:shock: Danny you are exceptionally talented as the drawings you post continue to "illustrate". I hope you never give it up. And I am so there and ready to see what you come up with of my adorable jug-eared rascal. :wink:

Please, who is the lady? She looks like Frances Farmer. I'm going to save that into my photobucket but I want to get the name right. I would love a series of elegant ladies like that, framed and hung in a row in one of my rooms one day. I may commission you!
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Hello!

Thanks Chris and MissG, you're always too kind :wink: That's why I love posting them, because you guys ae so nice!
MissGoddess wrote: Please, who is the lady? She looks like Frances Farmer. I'm going to save that into my photobucket but I want to get the name right.
Have you seen the movie Freaks? That's the lady who starred in it, Leila Hyams. I'm not too familiar with her either, but a fella I know is just nuts about her! He even has her official webpage, http://leilahyams.com/ . Thanks again and I hope I can get the Gable one done soon :D

Oh, and thanks for saving my pics, too! That makes me feel so cool...
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Love your works, Danny! A talent like yours was meant to be shared, and we're all blessed to be the ones doing the receiving.

Thank you from the bottoms of our hearts.
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

CharlieT wrote:Love your works, Danny! A talent like yours was meant to be shared, and we're all blessed to be the ones doing the receiving.

Thank you from the bottoms of our hearts.
Well, that is just about one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me, thank you *no emoticon on here to express my emotion* This is the first time I have ever really shared this much of my art outside of my family.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

A big "YES" to the fact we are blessed!
They are beautiful, Danny.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

That's so marvelous, Danny, that they featured your drawing on their website! I'm telling you, you have a career waiting for you! She was a very lovely looking lady.
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Hi Sue Sue and MissG! Yes, the owner of that site was very kind to me by posting it. :) Oh gosh... I'm so close on the Gable one, you wouldn't believe it. Has to be the hardest one I have ever done, something about that mug that is very difficult! :lol:
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

bobhopefan1940 wrote:Hi Sue Sue and MissG! Yes, the owner of that site was very kind to me by posting it. :) Oh gosh... I'm so close on the Gable one, you wouldn't believe it. Has to be the hardest one I have ever done, something about that mug that is very difficult! :lol:
Ha! Could it be the ears! :wink:
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Well, ears and all ( :lol: ) here goes nothin':

I JUST finished this so forgive any irregularities...