Want an avatar? Request one here!

Post your Classic Film-related art here!
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Want an avatar? Request one here!

Post by pktrekgirl »

Well, one of the neat things about this board is that we can all have avatars now. And possibly banners as well!

YAY! :D

But of course, not everyone knows how to make an avatar. And others might want an avatar of a particular actor or actress - even using a particular photo they especially like.

Anyway...If you'd like assistance with an avatar, I'll be more than happy to help!

Just leave me a note in this thread, and I'll try and help you out.

Because occasionally, even *I* need a break from looking at photos of Gary Cooper, Errol Flynn and Rudolph Valentino. *gasp*

:lol:
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Well, I have always dreamed of having an avatar out of this image:

But now that I finally have the chance, it will not accept the pic (even shrunk to the precise pixel percentage after being cropped) due to the KB being too high. Any ideas of how to use it still? Thanks for any help ;)
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
Kyle In Hollywood

Post by Kyle In Hollywood »

Hi bobhopefan1940 -
Try this -
Kyle In Hollywood
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Kyle In Hollywood wrote:Hi bobhopefan1940 -
Try this -
:D Thank you VERY much.
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

I made this for Anne in reference to the thread in the "Help!" section of the board.

Hope you like it, Anne! :)

If you are satisfied with this, let me know and I will help you upload it to your profile! :)
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Can I get one reduced?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

For BobHopeFan, if you like it.

I tried to get some of the distracting pixelation out of the photo and was marginally successful.

Go me. :P

Last edited by pktrekgirl on April 16th, 2007, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

movieman1957 wrote:Can I get one reduced?
Yes...but I'm gonna want to balance the color in that one also. Do you think it might be possible to get a better quality copy of that photo. It would look tons better if we could! :wink:

Otherwise I can cut that one down and play around with the color balance some.
Last edited by pktrekgirl on April 16th, 2007, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Dear pktrekgirl,
Can you make me an avatar from that cute Ginger Rogers photo with the pink balloon? I love that pink balloon. Even though that movie was in black and white, I always thought of that balloon as red. But it really should have been pink!

Mrsl's Chuck Connors is fabulous. And Bob Hope, too!
Thank you. :lol:
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Sue Sue Applegate wrote:Dear pktrekgirl,
Can you make me an avatar from that cute Ginger Rogers photo with the pink balloon? I love that pink balloon. Even though that movie was in black and white, I always thought of that balloon as red. But it really should have been pink!
Well, I believe the way cool colorization of the balloon was done by Kyle in Hollywood, so I would need his permission to do further work on his creation.

However, I could definitely clean that photo up a bit and put some text and nifty brush work on there!

Make it a 'group project'.

But I'll wait for Kyle's imput on this...

Mrsl's Chuck Connors is fabulous. And Bob Hope, too!
Thank you. :lol:
Thanks very much. I LOVE doing this stuff - it's just tons of fun. And I'm just happy as a clam to be able to do something for someone else besides myself for a change.

And it's fun to work with other actors besides my 'usual suspects'. :lol:

Anyway, if Kyle grants me permission, I can work on this tomorrow. Otherwise, he might be able to play around with it some more.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Go with it pktrekgirl!

Anne
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

^ Done! You now have an avatar! :)
Kyle In Hollywood

Post by Kyle In Hollywood »

But I'll wait for Kyle's imput on this...

Anyway, if Kyle grants me permission, I can work on this tomorrow. Otherwise, he might be able to play around with it some more
pktrekgirl -
Please go forward with any and all ideas you may have for the "pink balloon" avatar for Christy.

I have a very pedestrian photo imaging software package that does allow some simple effects - like "airbrushing" color on an image, which is all I did in a quick moment of experimentation. I am sure you can take my little bit of fun and do something fantastic.

I did post the original files in the gallery for you to use. Have you found them? If you are going to workon the image, I suppose you'll want to use the original without the color added anyway. I know photoshop can do some amazing things.

And Christy is right. What you have done with "Bob Hope" and "Chuck Connors" is swell. All that pixilization came about because I compressed the Bob Hope too much, I guess.
Kyle In Hollywood
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Oh, I just love my avatar! :shock: THANK YOU! It's priceless to me... 8) You know nothing you do is maginal!! :wink:
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

pktrekgirl wrote:
movieman1957 wrote:Can I get one reduced?

Yes...but I'm gonna want to balance the color in that one also. Do you think it might be possible to get a better quality copy of that photo. It would look tons better if we could! :wink:

Otherwise I can cut that one down and play around with the color balance some.
Is this better? If not, don't worry.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."