Universal's Vault Series

News and Upcoming Releases
feaito

Re: Universal's Vault Series

Post by feaito »

I'm kinda angry... with myself.... :roll: I bought three titles from the Universal Vault series forgetting they were made on demand, on DVD R media. Nothing against it, but I forgot they weren't the typical commercial DVD and I wouldn't have paid 18 dollars per disc otherwise...I got confused and thought they belonged to the same Universal (Paramount) Collection than "Midnight", "The Major and The Minor", "She Done Him Wrong" et al. Can anyone tell me please if the TCM Exclusive Collection of Cary Grant "The Early Years" (The Eagle and the Hawk, The Devil and the Deep and That Last Outpost) were released on DVD or DVD R format? Thanks.
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Fernando,

According to the DVDTALK Forum, due to high preorders for the set, the discs are pressed rather than DVD-Rs. The single disc release of each title will be burnt on-demand on DVD-R.

DVDBEAVER seems to indicate pressed discs as well. They have some screen captures too.
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/dvd_revi ... _years.htm

These are the only places I could find any information on the actual discs and really can't confirm one way or the other.
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback Kevin. :)