DDD 20% off sale

News and Upcoming Releases
SSO Admins
Administrator

DDD 20% off sale

Post by SSO Admins »

If you've been looking to grab some classic films (or any films) on DVD, it's time for Deep Discount DVD's biannual 20% off sale. They already have some of the best prices around, and 20% off is amazing. Plus they offer free shipping.

Here's some codes you can use to get the discount:

USATODAY
SUPERSALE
Last edited by SSO Admins on June 6th, 2007, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moira finnie
Administrator

Thanks Jon!

Post by moira finnie »

Thanks very much for the heads up about this sale, Jon. I was able to scoff up a copy of the dvd of Son of Fury for less than $12 thanks to this. I realize that this old Tyrone Power movie may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it will make me a happy camper to see swashbuckler once again.

FYI: The code of DVDTALK did not work as a discount for this particular item, but USATODAY & SUPERSALE did.
filmlover

Post by filmlover »

I've found that the word "pricegrabber" seems to work.
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

The "pricegrabber" code worked for me.

My mother-in-law gave me $50 for my birthday and I bought the Astaire and Rogers vol. 2 boxset AND the new Marilyn Monroe boxset at DDD. My total was $51.67!!! A steal! And the shipping is free!

Sandy K
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

USAWEEKEND also works as another code for this sale.
CoffeeDan

Re: Thanks Jon!

Post by CoffeeDan »

I was working on an order to Deep Discount late last month, but put it off when I remembered this sale was coming up. Good thing -- it saved me nearly $50!
moirafinnie wrote:FYI: The code of DVDTALK did not work as a discount for this particular item, but USATODAY & SUPERSALE did.
Funny -- DVDTALK worked for me. But you can use each code only once. If you place more than one order with Deep Discount during this sale, you have to use a different code each time to get the discount.
MissGoddess

Re: Thanks Jon!

Post by MissGoddess »

CoffeeDan wrote:I was working on an order to Deep Discount late last month, but put it off when I remembered this sale was coming up. Good thing -- it saved me nearly $50!
moirafinnie wrote:FYI: The code of DVDTALK did not work as a discount for this particular item, but USATODAY & SUPERSALE did.
Funny -- DVDTALK worked for me. But you can use each code only once. If you place more than one order with Deep Discount during this sale, you have to use a different code each time to get the discount.
I'm so glad I read this thread I only wish I had done so earlier---I didn't know there were multiple codes because I bought a few dvds after I already used "pricegrabber".

Does anyone know how long the sale is going on? Because I can't afford another order for at least two more weeks. :roll:
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Miss Godess:

Another location you might look at is DVD Planet. They have pretty good prices and might fit your schedule and pricing.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Thank you, Chris, I'm checking them out now. :)
CoffeeDan

Post by CoffeeDan »

The Deep Discount 20% off sale runs through June 16 (a week from Saturday). And all their books and CDs are on sale, too.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

CoffeeDan wrote:The Deep Discount 20% off sale runs through June 16 (a week from Saturday). And all their books and CDs are on sale, too.
Thank you---If I can do a little juggling with the plastic I may put in another order. I know I'll regret it later if I don't. :wink:
CoffeeDan

It's back!

Post by CoffeeDan »

Just wanted to shove this to the top as a reminder that DeepDiscount.com's semi-annual 20% off sale is running now through Nov. 25 (Sunday). This is the time of year that DD outsells every other online video source, so make sure you get your dibs in!
vallo

Post by vallo »

I just tryed "USAweekend" and there was a problem .So I used "Pricegrabber" and it worked. I ordered a couple of Stanwyck's along with a couple of Lancaster Films. I saved $22. dollars. Good Deal..

vallo
"We're all forgotten sooner or later. But not films. That's all the memorial we should need or hope for."
-Burt Lancaster
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Here's what I ordered so far:

The Barbara Stanwyck Collection
The Myrna Loy/William Powell Collection
The John Ford Film 5-Disc Collection
The Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton Collection (mostly for The Sandpiper---on dvd at last!)
"Alfred Hitchcock Presents" Season III
Counsellor-at-Law
El Dorado/Hatari!

At Amazon I got The Bogie/Bacall Collection for just under $19 and at Barnes and Noble...drum roll please...I got Ford at Fox for $110.

I think I may have forgot to list one or two more, but I am completely wiped out now.
vallo

Post by vallo »

Thanks for the reminder MissG. I also wanted the John Barrymore Film.
I going back :oops:

vallo
"We're all forgotten sooner or later. But not films. That's all the memorial we should need or hope for."
-Burt Lancaster