NCIS

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

NCIS

Post by mrsl »

I couldn't just see this again and not say anything about it. One of Tony's 'things' is how he compares everything to movies he has seen. The other night, they did a rerun of the episode where the guy used a fake name, and Tony was going nuts trying to remember where he had heard the name before. How many of you were yelling at the TV set 'NORTH BY NORTHWEST' like I was? Throughout the whole hour he never remembered. I wonder if that was a joke the writers were playing on us, the audience, or if they really meant for him not to recall the character?

Any ideas?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: NCIS

Post by movieman1957 »

I didn't see the episode but I think there are enough references that many of them are inside jokes or out there for fun. I recall one where Nina Foch played Ducky's mom and that episode had more than the usual number of references to old films. Whatever the reason I'm glad they do them. I haven't seen many of the newer episodes so I don't know if they are still as much of his character but it's fun.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Big news on the NCIS (original recipe) front!

Cote de Pablo, who plays NCIS agent (and former Mossad agent) Ziva David is leaving the show. The press release from CBS says that it was de Pablo's decision, though one does have to wonder if CBS is trying to save some dollars.

Sources say that Ziva's storyline will get wrapped up before the actress ankles the show.

de Pablo joined the cast after original cast member Sasha Alexander who played Caitlin Todd left the show. Hopefully, Ziva David won't have a similar demise. :o
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

NCIS ... Will never be the same without her ... I wonder is this the end of the show? ... I have a funny feeling that when she is gone the true nature of the show will be dramatically different and I have a funny feeling that they are going for rotating guest stars to fill in that role as an agent to assist the team ... if they did that I would not want to watch it; this could mean the downfall of the show and that alone makes my stomach cringed.
markfp

Post by markfp »

It could work, if the replacement is good and the character is strong and likable and can have that wonderful interplay with the other characters. People need to give it a chance. A lot of people thought the show wouldn't last when they killed off "Kate" but it did. "Ziva" is great, but "Kate" is still my favorite.

Of course, the character would have to be different than her and a big mistake would be killing her off. There are so many people who love her it could backfire and folks would give up on the show. Perhaps, a really good story for a few episodes and then maybe ship her back to Israel to take her father's place.