Romantic Television

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Uncle Stevie

Romantic Television

Post by Uncle Stevie »

I have been consumed by a modern day producer named Larry Levinson. He seems to be rersponsible for a ton of romance love stories appearing on Lifetime and Halmark TV channels. I love these non violent movies that alway end with a kiss and often marriage. there is no crime and no violence at all in most of his movies. i am totaly impressed at the choices of actors chosen for these films. they are without exception very well acted and enjoyable to watch. you will often see older stars playing a parent or Grandparent.

My current favorites include "How to Fall In Love" starring Eric Mobius (Ugly Betty) and Brooke D'Orsay (Royal Pains). It is a real charmer and will be on again next weekend on Hallmark. Don't miss it. Also I am in love with "UnCorked" with a most beautiful Julie Benz and Scott Elrod with sub charachters played by Jo Beth Williams and Elliot Gould. I love this movie.

There are many other fine romantic movies on Hallmark and Lifetime. But Larry Levinson makes the best ones. Another charmer I just remembered is "Fixing Pete" with Brooke Burns and Dylan Bruno. You will love it.
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
mrsl

Re: Romantic Television

Post by mrsl »

I'm with you Stevie. It's so nice to sit down to a movie and know you can just relax and enjoy it with no worry about covering your eyes or ears.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I recognize the name. He has a legion of productions and a wide variety at that. He did "The Streets of Laredo" (A "Lonesome Dove" sequel) that had its violent moments. He has also done several in the series of films started with "Love Comes Softly" that has a strong religious theme behind a western setting.

He has done several Christmas movies that show up on Hallmark. The Bride loves those. We spend a great deal of our viewing time with those. They are quiet enjoyable films that aren't very deep but make for a pleasant couple of hours.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Lifetime is great around the holidays. They start the day after Thanksgiving and have at least two Christmas movies every night until New Years. Watching those light, romantic, holiday comedies, even with a few repeats as years go by, is what really gets me in the mood for Christmas. To me it doesn't phase me who the writer or director is, as long as Lifetime keeps them coming. Hallmark got snooty two years ago and went into the highest payment section, so I no longer get it.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I prefer watching Romantic Movies (made for television) on the Hallmark Channel than Lifetime Channel ... that's my own choice here.