I WAKE UP DREAMING 2011: THE LEGENDARY & THE LOST

Moraldo Rubini

Re: I WAKE UP DREAMING 2011: THE LEGENDARY & THE LOST

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

ChiO wrote:First up, I LOVE TROUBLE (1948). I'm never purported to be a fan of Franchot Tone, but with a cast including Janet Blair, Cinemaven fave Janis Carter, Glenda "Torchy Blane" Farrell, Tom Powers, Eduardo "Waldo" Ciannelli, Raymond Burr, and John "If I Were Odder Looking I'd Be Timothy Carey" Ireland, that weak link can be ignored. Secret identities, double-crosses, and frame-ups in a plot nearly as convoluted as THE BIG SLEEP's, this was a very enjoyable tale of Detective Tone's search for the secret of a politician's wife's past life...even the second time I sat through it, first alone, then with Lynn and Marco. Suitably hardboiled dialogue by Roy Huggins in his first movie script. Shot by Charles Lawton (Boetticher Westerns and THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI).
Two people wrote about I Love Trouble without mentioning Adele Jergens, who not only escaped the Three Stooges to make this picture, but also appeared in a bathing suit?! Va-va-va-VOOM. She played Boots Nestor -- enough said! It was swell to see Glenda Farrell up on the screen too. She's matured into reliable secondary roles and I was glad to see she was still making a living in 1948. I don't understand why she didn't become another Claire Trevor by this time.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

great interview with our Dewey, here Maybe next year, Dewmeister, Moe can be there :D :D
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Nancy, thanks for posting the link. It would be such a wonderful pleasure to have you here in San Francisco next year for our big annual display of doom and despair. (There's always room for one Moe!) Please give it a lot of thought!!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

(There's always room for one Moe!) Please give it a lot of thought!!

such a funny guy, for all that doom and despair.... I DO have family (outlaws) in the S.F. area, maybe I can weasel my way in for a couple of days.
Moe
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Yo, Moe!
[youtube][/youtube]
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

you got the wrong Moe, Joe! :lol: :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]