Comedy/Drama

Isn't Romantic Comedy redundant?
mrsl

Comedy/Drama

Post by mrsl »

Midway to Heaven: (2011)

Widower goes bonkers when his college-aged daughter brings home a boy to spend the weekend. Dad starts trying to check him out over every little thing he says. e.g. where he plans to go to University, what he did in High School, who his parents were, and what they did, etc. As this is all going on, his dead wife is always there to talk with and commiserate while she is trying to get him to start dating again, as his daughter is also doing. She even puts him on an online dating service. It all sounds like a lot of foolishness but it was done with taste and thought, and put together quite a good story line.

I read the info on the imdB, and although it says it was filmed and directed in the USA, I never heard of any of the people in it: Curt Doussett, Kirby Heyborne, Michelle Money, Melanie Nelson, and Britainy Peltier are all well over 18 but I can't recall seeing any of them in other films. I looked them up, but although they have filmographies, they must have all been in small parts that didn't do much for their careers. Right now it's playing on the insp network and would be a good one to record and watch when you ladies have the house to yourself for a while.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
RedRiver

Re: Comedy/Drama

Post by RedRiver »

This sounds like a Moody Blues song. "Midway to Heaven!"