Celebrity Lookalikes

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Stuart:

Strictly Come Dancing.

Is that a reality dancing contest like our Dancing with the Stars?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
vallo

Post by vallo »

Matthew Perry (Friends) and Chester Morris could pass as siblings.

Bill
"We're all forgotten sooner or later. But not films. That's all the memorial we should need or hope for."
-Burt Lancaster
klondike

Post by klondike »

Roscoe Lee Brown, & Moses Gunn (funny, neither of them looked Scottish!).
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Anne

Strictly Come Dancing was first, then it transfered to America under Dancing With The Stars. we have four judges instead of three. but Len and Bruno are on both shows. i think our's is a better standard, but the U.S show gives out better scores. i think this because one of our judges has a habit of giving out 2s if he doesn't like a routine. previous winners include newsreader Natasha Kapinksy, Eastenders actress Jill Halfpenny, cricketer Darren Cough, cricketer Mark Rampraksh and singer Alesha Dixon. Mark last Friday won the Sports Relief charity version of the show, where he and other previous contestants had to take to the floor with novice celebrities. mind you former finalist rugby player Matt Dawson danced with Elaine Paige, the famous West-End and Broadway singer. i have to believe with her 30-yrs on the stage, she would have had to do a bit of dancing.

it's pity you don't get our Dancing On Ice, though i gather it was tried and failed in America. mind you we have Torvill and Dean performing every week and coaching the celebrities and their professional partners. we had the final and Suzanne Shaw, of the band Hear'Say scored 10 6s for two routines, it was remarkable. her speciality was The Headbanger, where she is spun round with her head inches above the ground. well in the final she added twists to it. Judge and former Olympic champion Robin Cousin's said he only knows of one professional pair that can attempt the spin and twist in the same routine. that tells you how good she was. as per usual in the final routine the last two couples had to perform Balerno

those shows are so popular that the good celebs tour the country performing their routines. alll round entertainer Bonnie Langford, who was robbed in series one, has been at it for yrs now. with her skills as a dancer, she must be about professional standard on the blades
Ayres

Post by Ayres »

charliechaplinfan wrote: I hope no one thought I was being disrespectful to Fred Astaire or Stan Laurel. I love them both. I could never imagine Stan dancing with Ginger though.
Gosh, no. Astaire himself often remarked on the resemblance (though I generally find Fred handsomer), and it's especially startling in photos of them when both were in their twenties.

First photo is of Fred with his sister Adele:

Here's Stan:

And, especially in the scenes leading up to "A Fine Romance" in Swing Time, Fred does a great Stan impression!

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

(Fred=Stan)

It's the hat.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Fred was the more handsome. He had the better singing voice too.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

charliechaplinfan wrote:Fred was the more handsome. He had the better singing voice too.
Yeah, but Fred couldn't use his thumb to light his pipe.

Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you imagine how off putting it is when I'm watching Fred Astaire dancing gracefully with Ginger in his arms and my husband points out the likeness for the umpeenth time. Funnily enough he never points out Fred Astaire when I'm watching Laurel and Hardy.

It's interesting that Fred saw the likeness himself.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
halcarter

Post by halcarter »

Watching Toys in the Attic the other evening on TCM I was constantly noticing how much Geraldine Page reminded me of Sally Field

hal