Would you like to see another Jessica Fletcher

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Would you like to see another Jessica Fletcher

Post by stuart.uk »

This is a daft little post, but I was wondering like with Miss. Marple, some new Murder She Wrote's could be made with a new actress in the role.

Some will say understandably Angela Lansbury is the only actress, who could play Jessica. Angela, after the series finished, continued to play the role in tv movies well into her 70s and at aprox 84, I think it unlikely she'll play Jessica again.

The beauty of playing Jessica, it's not limited to either a British or American actress, as Angela was a British born actress, playing a character from Maine. However, for my choice I'm sticking with a Brit and going for Helen Mirren for my choice, if such an idea was taken up within the next 5-yrs pr so.

I suspect some may disagree with Helen for the role, but if not her, who would you like to see.
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

How about Patricia Routledge...

I know she played Hetty Wainthrup and that was more than a little "Jessica Fletcher"...
Plus, as 'Hyacenth Bucket' (thet's Bouquet!) she was always spying on the neighbours!!

Larry
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

If you like Patricia as a sleuth, I recomend Hetty Wainwright Investigates, a brilliant drama series.

In thinking of Helen Mirren I was thinking of someone who was roughly the same age as Angela when she first started playing Jessica.
inglis

other ideas

Post by inglis »

How about Judy Dench or Vanessa Redgrave or Lynn Redgrave. Maybe a movie with Cate Blanchett playing one of those characters Miss Marple orJessica Fletcher. I like Patrica Routledge in Keeping Up Appearances and I remember her in To Sir With Love.