NEW POLL! The SSO Favorite Director

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Rita Hayworth

Re: NEW POLL! The SSO Favorite Director

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Jack Favell - your last post hits me right in the head!

When we have 20-30 members here in SSO Community creating our 15 favorite directors and ChiO asks us to rank from 1 to 15 so he can make the pairing for the polls - with our vast collective minds its makes it very difficult for us to vote for our favorite director. This is my 2nd time doing this polls (my 1st was the screwball comedy) and this one is 10 times more difficult for me to vote than the screwball comedy and believe me, I changed my vote in one pairing 3 times! I'm not telling what pairing it is but its true ChiO made it very difficult for us to decide and done a great job putting this altogether for Round 1. What I learned through reading all of your posts is that our minds say one thing and our hearts say the other. This makes it painful to vote and believe me I think the next Round will be even tougher!

I just wanted to say that ChiO has done a marvelous job putting it all together and to me, this is not an easy thing to do and being a Director in any movie got to be the toughest job imaginable. Personally, I do not want that job. I rather produce than direct.

I just can't wait for Round 2!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I just wanted to say that ChiO has done a marvelous job putting it all together
I wholeheartedly agree!
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

On Saturday morning we left 50 degrees, damp and dreary Chicago for a weekend in 90+ degrees, sunshine and humidity in Florida.

Glad to be back.

Immediately checked the polls and the Round 2 pairings are coming soon. May actually be easier for folks. We shall see. If not, I'm selling mouthpieces to protect your molars as you grind away.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

For Round 2 ...

It was a little bit easier than Round 1. I was intrigued how ChiO matches them up. It will be very interesting to see the next round will bring; I think Round 3 will be very, very, interesting and that's when the real heartaches/headaches begins! I for one, is looking forward for Round 3 and that's going to happen next week folks!
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

No intrigue, Kingme. It's just like any sporting event (but, please, no wagering).

In Round 2, the winner of #1-#32 goes against the winner of #16-#17; winner of #2-#31 goes against the winner of #15-#18; etc. So, in Round 3, the winner of the #1-#16 contest will go against the winner of the #8-#24 contest, and so on.

No subjective attempt here to create intrigue. I'm purely an objective reporter (who will vote for Orson Welles in any match-up -- kinda like Alan Ladd).

The electorate then get what they deserve.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
srowley75

Post by srowley75 »

ChiO wrote:May actually be easier for folks. We shall see. If not, I'm selling mouthpieces to protect your molars as you grind away.
Actually...I think you're right. I didn't sweat nearly as hard this time around. Each contest seemed to include (1) a director I'm pretty wild about and/or (2) a director I'm really not as impressed with.

And keeping "favorite" in mind makes things easier, at least as far as I'm concerned.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

ChiO made Round 3 even easier for me to vote and I for one, feels confidence in my vote and curious what it will look like by next Sunday when we get more votes as this week goes by.