OBITUARIES

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Hibi

Re: OBITUARIES

Post by Hibi »

I remember what a big deal it was for Gossett to win Best Supporting Actor that year. The first black actor to win one.
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

Marysara1 wrote: March 29th, 2024, 9:32 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/other/ ... r-BB1kKH3Q Lou Gossett Jr.

:(
was "mr6666" @ TCM
Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »

nakanosunplaza

Post by nakanosunplaza »

What a coincidence I looked to find out about her exact age Saturday night i knew she was close to 98 and wanted to be sure... so sorry.Rest In Peace.
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

Marysara1 wrote: April 1st, 2024, 4:51 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/barba ... r-BB1kRmiM Barbara Rush
was "mr6666" @ TCM
kingrat

Post by kingrat »

What a beautiful picture of Barbara Rush. She was one of Robert Osborne's closest friends. She had been interviewed by Robert at a showing of Bigger Than Life at one of the TCM festivals. When they were able to schedule a second showing, she wanted to come back again even though she was moving! I'm glad she did, because that was the showing I got to see. She seemed very warm and genuine.

It would be nice if TCM could schedule a couple of her films as a tribute, perhaps Bigger Than Life and The Young Philadelphians.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

I particularly love her in The Young Philadelphians (my favorite Paul Newman movie).

Feinberg

Post by Feinberg »

Very sad to report that Joe Flaherty has passed away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Flaherty
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Saw a mention on ABC news last night about Barbara Rush. They mentioned her starring in Peyton Place and All My Children and one monster movie! She appeared in so much else! A leading lady in many 50s films. Beautiful lady even in old age. What longevity!

I see nothing in the HR obit about All My Children. Did they confuse it with Flamingo Road? Also, she appeared in an episode of MURDER, SHE WROTE! looking beautiful as a fashion designer (and murder suspect) in Paris. I'd forgotten she had been married to Jeffrey Hunter.
Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »

Hibi wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 8:45 am Saw a mention on ABC news last night about Barbara Rush. They mentioned her starring in Peyton Place and All My Children and one monster movie! She appeared in so much else! A leading lady in many 50s films. Beautiful lady even in old age. What longevity!

I see nothing in the HR obit about All My Children. Did they confuse it with Flamingo Road? Also, she appeared in an episode of MURDER, SHE WROTE! looking beautiful as a fashion designer (and murder suspect) in Paris. I'd forgotten she had been married to Jeffrey Hunter.
https://www.tvinsider.com/1129682/barba ... -children/ She was in 38 eps in the 90's of All My Children
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Marysara1 wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 4:00 pm
Hibi wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 8:45 am Saw a mention on ABC news last night about Barbara Rush. They mentioned her starring in Peyton Place and All My Children and one monster movie! She appeared in so much else! A leading lady in many 50s films. Beautiful lady even in old age. What longevity!

https://www.tvinsider.com/1129682/barba ... -children/ She was in 38 eps in the 90's of All My Children
Yes. I discovered this after doing a search. Odd HR didnt mention it.
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Barbara Rush was such a pretty woman. Always enjoyed her performances. The Young Philadelphians was my favorite of her films. She did a couple of episodes of the original Magnum PI.
She played Tom Selleck's aunt who had Alzheimers, she waa
excellent in this episode.
So sad that so few of our favorite actors from the 50's and '60's are still here. Hope TCM will show some of her films as a tribute.

RIP
Lovely Barbara Rush
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

KayFrancis wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 5:06 pm Barbara Rush was such a pretty woman. Always enjoyed her performances. The Young Philadelphians was my favorite of her films. She did a couple of episodes of the original Magnum PI.
So sad that so few of our favorite actors from the 50's and '60's are still here. Hope TCM will show some of her films as a tribute.

RIP
Lovely Barbara Rush
She played Grandma Ruth on 7TH HEAVEN, a WB show I liked in the 1990s.
Her character was married to "The Colonel" (played by Peter Graves).
Both roles were recurring.
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

HoldenIsHere wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 6:14 pm
KayFrancis wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 5:06 pm Barbara Rush was such a pretty woman. Always enjoyed her performances. The Young Philadelphians was my favorite of her films. She did a couple of episodes of the original Magnum PI.

RIP
Lovely Barbara Rush
She played Grandma Ruth on 7TH HEAVEN, a WB show I liked in the 1990s.
Her character was married to "The Colonel" (played by Peter Graves).
Both roles were recurring.
Yes, I remember when Barbara Rush and Peter Graves played Eric's parents. Use to watch 7th Heaven with my kids. It was always enjoyable when Barbara and other favorites would show up on tv shows.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Would love for TCM to show No Down Payment. For some reason this early Martin Ritt film (Fox) has slipped through the cracks and is rarely shown anywhere. I'm not sure they even put it out on DVD. Great cast: Joanne Woodward; Tony Randall; Barbara; Sheree North; Jeffrey Hunter (That must've been awkward). Joanne, Cameron Mitchell and Tony were standouts in this slice of 50s suburbia.