Angel on the Amazon ~

rainingviolets21

Angel on the Amazon ~

Post by rainingviolets21 »

George Brent crashes his plane into the Amazon Jungle as he lays helpless and dying, he suddenly sees a beautiful, young girl (Vera Hruba Ralston) riding a horse and holding a rifle, she quickly shoots the animals that were waiting for Brent to die, and very gently gives him water and food and brings him out of the jungle to a nearby hospital,,he watches her talking avidly to the elderly doctor in charge, then she disapears back into the jungle.
As Brent is slowly being nursed back to health, the doctor tells him the story of how he came to practice medicine in the jungle. Thirty years ago he came to the Amazon on his honeymoon with his young bride, and one day she disapeared, he searched for her and found her frozen with fear, ,about to be attacked by a large cat he shoots the cat and his wife passes out and goes into a coma, she almost dies, gradually she is
revived but something is different. She seems to have a different personality....They leave the Amazon and the years go by and they
become parents of a baby girl...As his wife has birthday after birthday something odd is happening, she never seems to age, which confuses everyone because her daughter looks just like her and mother and daughter look just like twins....The daughter falls in love and brings her fiance' home to meet her parents, and the young man immediately falls in love with the mother...the daughter's heart is broken and she kills herself...her mother leaves for the Amazon to live out her life, and her husband follows...the young girl who nursed George Brent back to health
was the doctor's wife..Brent serches the jungle for her and finds a collapsed bridge, underneath he finds the girl, her hair is silver and she has reverted to her actual age.. he brings her to her husband where she dies in his arms..
Last edited by rainingviolets21 on February 3rd, 2008, 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
feaito

Post by feaito »

I saw this one as when very young (I was still in school) and I enjoyed it a lot. It was the first time I saw Vera Ralston on screen. Connie Bennett is in it too, isn't she?
rainingviolets21

Post by rainingviolets21 »

Connie Bennett is indeed in this, she plays a doctor... I havent seen this for years and I put in many requests on TCM to no avail...
feaito

Post by feaito »

Since it is a Republic film I doubt that they have an easy access to it, like the RKO, MGM & WB films that used to belong to TCM's Library (now property of Warner-AOL?).

I don't know who has the rights to Republic films in general. Maybe Herbert J. Yates' heirs own them now? Or sre they in the public dominion?