3) Kramer vs. Kramer
4) The Verdict
5) A Few Good Men
6) Witness for the Prosecution
7) Anatomy of a Murder
8) In Cold Blood
9) A Cry in the Dark
10) Judgment at Nurmberg

My first thought (after that "12 Angry Men" should be first on any list of courtroom dramas) was "Who knew that In Cold Blood was a courtroom drama?" All I remember is the two guys driving around. I don't even remember a courtroom scene from that movie (which I haven't seen in about 20 years.) I would dump "In Cold Blood" and have "Inherit the Wind" on the list.

On the other hand, it was good to see "A Cry in the Dark" get some recognition.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

In Cold Blood is a story of a murder and the consequences. It's also a statement against capital punishment. Court room drama hmmm, not how I would classify it.

Inherit The Wind
should be there.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Drama, schmama...MY COUSIN VINNY is the most accurate courtroom movie ever made.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

ChiO wrote:Drama, schmama...MY COUSIN VINNY is the most accurate courtroom movie ever made.
I agree 100% with that. It's all about attorneys trying to outfox each other with nonsense, lots phumpering around, making mistakes because most lawyers are weak on technical legal procedure, innumerable "sidebar" conferences and recesses, juries yawning, and lawyers being constantly chided by the judge. There's actually very little drama in courtrooms --it's mostly comedy.
myrnaloyisdope

Post by myrnaloyisdope »

I doubt I could name 10 off the top of my head, but for me 12 Angry Men is head and shoulders about everything else.