My fav Maggie Smith film, a love story

stuart.uk

My fav Maggie Smith film, a love story

Post by stuart.uk »

I don't if this will post, but if it does Imo it's one of the screens great love stories Love Pain And The Whole Damn Thing with Maggie Smith and Timothy buttoms. It's the first part of a film which is all on you tube

mrsl

Re: My fav Maggie Smith film, a love story

Post by mrsl »

I've never seen Maggie in anything I didn't like, but my favorite is as the loyal secretary in The V.I.P.'s with Burton and Liz Taylor. Maggie played Rod Taylor's secretary. She was striking when she asked Burton, as the extraordinarily rich man to lend her boss (a complete stranger) the money he needed to save his company.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Maggie Smith. My first experience seeing her in a film was a class trip we took to see Olivier in "OTHELLO." I was a big big fan of Timothy Bottoms but I never saw "Love and Pain and the Whole Damn Thing." I'm going to take the opportunity to rectify that. Thanxxx for the YouTube link.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

I've never heard of this Maggie Smith film. I'll check it out on YouTube. I've always liked her. Thanks, stuart.uk, for bringing this to our attention.

My favorite Maggie Smith performance (and film) is THE PRIME OF MISS JEAN BRODIE. She's just unforgettable.
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Here's Maggie and Carry on start Kenneth William's performing John Benjiman, in front of the great writer on an early Parkinson show

CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Stuart...isn't Kenneth Williams one of the crazed mad-cap actors in the "Carry On" movies?? It was wild seeing him read with a great actress like Maggie Smith. From that little bit, I see Williams was much, much more.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Yes. Michael Sheen played him in a tv movie. I still chuckle at him as a camp actor, romantically involved with the future Mrs. Charles Bronson in Carry On Nurse. He caused controversy after his death, allowing his explosive diaries to be published