Julie Walters as Mo

stuart.uk

Julie Walters as Mo

Post by stuart.uk »

I just watched Julie Walters awesome performance as the late Mo Mowlam, the former secretary of State for Northern Ireland. I had hoped to send the entire movie, via you tube but it's embeded. Hopefully if anyone's interested they might be able to find the movie on their own computer by typing in Julie Walters as Mo and it should appear halfway down the list of available links

The movie provides a history about the build up to the Good Friday Agreement in Ireland. One of the funny things in the film was a converstaion on the phone with someone she called Bill. It showed how informal Mo was, because I didn't realize who Bill was until she said Give my love to Hilary Tony Blair only featured in archive material, but he didn't come out of it to well. Mo's husband thought he stole her thunder at the piece talks, so he'd get most of the credit. He also felt Blair pushed her into the background, because he didn't like the fact she was more popular than what he was. John Lynch played Gerry Adams, Sinn Fein's leader

Mo was a great polititian, who in her finest hour was also battling brain cancer.