1 hour and 43 nonsense minutes

mrsl

1 hour and 43 nonsense minutes

Post by mrsl »

I just watched Coco before Chanel, a French movie about naturally . . . Coco Chanel. I have no idea who the actors are because they're all French and I never heard of them. Actually, all this movie did for me was reaffirm how boring it is to watch a movie with sub-titles. It's a real pain to have to sit there without moving, and sometimes not blinking, because you might miss something important. How DIM!!! If you saw the TV show a couple of years ago where Shirley MacLaine played CoCo in later years, you'll understand when I say that TV movie was by far 100% better than this one was. This theatrical movie makes you wonder - why bother? It barely said anything about her life, or how she realized her talents, it just barely let you know that her widowed father left her to be raised in a convent school, and she became the mistress of a couple of men when she was in her young twenties. This was just released last year in 2009, and seriously, one scene where the two men are talking, the sub-titles change so quickly I had to use the remote to back track twice to literally 'see' what I missed, which was a rather important clue about the young man CoCo expected to marry. If you like these sub-title movies, you may get more out of them than I did, because perhaps they say more in French than they have room or time to say in the sub-titles.

Therefore, no rating from me, it could have been better than I could possibly know, or possibly, even worse :roll: Who knows :P
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
sandykaypax

Re: 1 hour and 43 nonsense minutes

Post by sandykaypax »

I have this one on hold from the library. The library has a limited number of Blu-ray copies, so I have a bit of a wait. But I'll post my thoughts after I watch it.

I've not seen the Shirley MacLaine movie, maybe I should look for that one.