THE LOST MOMENT (1947)

charliechaplinfan

Re: THE LOST MOMENT (1947)

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Martita Hunt is wonderful in everything she's in. Count me as another fan.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

I found these scans at a blog, of what appear to be vintage magazine pages illustrating AM's facial age makeup process. The full-sized images, too large to link here, can be accessed via the site: one and two. Note that this article does not show the process of aging her hands, which also took quite a while each day.

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That's awesome! I think it's one of the best makeup jobs I've ever seen...backed up by one of the best portrayals of agedness in the movies.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks for posting these scans PT :D ...I have just remembered that these pages are from the 1947 or 1948 edition of the British book "Films in Review", of which I own those two editions.
Professional Tourist

There's nothing unusual in a 105-year-old woman walking around Univseral's sets. Not at the Martin Gabel Company. Nope.

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

How does she keep her legs looking like a thirty year olds? That's what I want to know. :D
feaito

Post by feaito »

Last Saturday, I watched for the 4th time, this wonderful creepy film, along with my wife and two American friends, as part of a "movie night session" I sometimes plan...I never get tired of watching it and discovering new aspects and details....I wish it were released by Criterion, with lots of Extras!
Professional Tourist

Here's another copy of the film uploaded a few months ago, without the captions:

[youtube][/youtube]