trivia

charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
cmvgor

tall/short/left/right

Post by cmvgor »

(I wrote this up before; I clicked the wrong place; it created another thread; I deleted it.)

short & tall:
I have always been amused by this. In The Sea Chase (1955), some characters are moving around belowdecks on a ship. Lana Turner
goes first through the hatches, walking straight up. John Wayne comes
next, wearing a skipper's hat. also straight up. James Arness is last through, no hat, and he has to duck his head at every hatchway.... And
its been a while since I saw Hondo, but I remember having the
impression that Wayne avoided getting in the same frame with Arness unless one of them was seated.

southpaws
In the TV series Tales of Wells Fargo(1957-62) Dale Robertson shot
his pistol lefthanded and he holstered it on the left side. I remember a scene in a shop where he purchased a new gunbelt, and specified that it
had to be left-handed....Before posting this, I Googled the IMDb site of the movie The Pride Of The Yankees (1942), and confirmed something
I was told years ago. Righthander Gary Cooper, playing lefthander Lou Gehrig, could not even fake hitting and throwing southpaw. So he did his game scenes using his usual moves and the film was reversed during developing. To accommodate, the letters and numbers on Cooper's shirt were reversed, and in some shots third base stood in for first base.
"Faint heart never filled inside straight"
--Bret & Bart's Pappy
cmvgor

HAIRPIECES, INC

Post by cmvgor »

Hector Elizando, Joe Pantoliano, Stanley Tucci, Alan Rachins.

These are all actors who can show up bald or with hair in almost any role.
I was slow catching on, but I've seen them with little or no hair, with thinning hair, and all points in between. Never a distraction; they all manage to make it look natural.
--Bret & Bart's Pappy
cmvgor

Southpaws again.

Post by cmvgor »

A recent re-viewing of Electra Glide In Blue reminded me of something. Motorcycle cop Robert Blake used his pistol left- handed and wore it on his left hip. Then I remembered a TV episode where Det. Baretta went undercover impersonating a hood named "Lefty".
One of his new companions varified his identity by tossing him an object
to see which hand he would catch it with.
--Bret & Bart's Pappy
melwalton

trivia

Post by melwalton »

Another thing I've noticed. Small, odd habits of the stars Humphrey Bogart tugging at his right earlobe. ( I 'd guess everyone's noticed this ).
Jessie Matthews checking the spitcurl on her forehead, Charlie Chaplin squeezing his knees togethedr when he sat down.