Do You Know Me?

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

It was probably rabbit (or skunk) or some such critter. I remember Jerry wore it every where for a week....but when it rained, and the hat got wet.....hooooboy!

Thanks for reminding me of one of the funniest moments of my childhood!

Now back to the game...I can't think them up, but I love to try!

Nancy
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Good morning Nancy, and all other Trivians - here's a new Mystery Guest:

I stared in films while still a baby, and in many of my movies I played the younger version of the star. My bilingual skills were put to good use in one of my early films as well.

I've done lots of TV work, but I am probably better known for my earlier film work. As a teen, I appeared in a few of those lurid "juvenile delinquent" movies that were popular in the 50s and early 60s.

As a child, I played the offspring of some very glamorous stars, including Greer Garson, Bette Davis and Claudette Colbert.

My name is the same as the name of a title character in an Oscar-winning musical, but I pronounce mine differently.

Who am I?
feaito

Post by feaito »

Gigi Perreau?
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

feaito wrote:Gigi Perreau?
Hoorah - you are correct.

As I was writing the clues, I realized how much the description could be interpreted as Natalie Wood, but Gigi Perreau was the intended.

Her real name being Ghislaine (and she being fluent in French), she pronounces her nickname as "Ghee-Ghee," not Zhee-Zhee.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

A new Mystery Guest signs in:

Do you know me?

I was a reliable supporter who made quite a few movies and did a lot of television. My name was often listed with a honorific in the credits, to avoid confusion. My first supporting role was in a film about career girls in the big city. I was even in a few musicals, but I wasn't the singing cowboy. I was mother to a very cute teenager in two movies, and was Sheharezade in another.

On television, I was a regular on a weekly variety show, where I played a "spooky" character. I spent several years on a very popular and long-running soap. I met Mr. Ed, The Partridge Family and The Addams Family on TV, too.

I was briefly married to a big bear who always played tough guys.

Who am I?
nightwalker

Post by nightwalker »

Would you be Miss Jeff Donnell?
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

nightwalker wrote:Would you be Miss Jeff Donnell?
Excellent! I really thought this one would be a stumper. Good for you!

Donnell's first film was "My Sister Eileen," - with Rosalind Rusell and Janet Blair. She made several musical westerns with Ken Maynard. She played Gidget's mother in two of the Gidget movies, and was on, I think it was General Hospital -- yes, that must be it because she worked for the Quartermains. She did a lot of TV from the 1950s into the 1980s.

Donnell was married for a time to Aldo Ray. I remember her best as George Gobel's wife, who he always referred to as "Spooky Old Alice," on his variety show in the 1950s. I didn't think she was very spooky; she seemed rather nice.

Who's got another one?
Last edited by jdb1 on November 27th, 2007, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Do you know me?

I was a big guy, and my nickname was "Bull." My sweet looks and hulking physique got me into the movies, and I found I enjoyed it and had some talent for it. I made almost 150 screen appearances, playing cowboys, athletes, sodiers and sometimes villains, but those were usually the not too threatening kind, in comedies. I was often the star's lovable lug of a best friend.

I had some success starring in a popular movie serial, and I made a few pictures with another big guy, far more famous and successful than myself. He had a reputation for loyalty to his co-stars, and put me in many of his movies. The first of his films I was in was a WWII movie - one still shown today.

I did a lot of TV, and I'm probably best remembered as a recurring character on the syndicated show of an iconic comedy team.

Who am I?
nightwalker

Post by nightwalker »

Gordon Jones?
ken123

Post by ken123 »

It is I'm sure The Rambling Reck from Georgia Tech & Mike the Cop. I wonder what ethnic group that " Mike " belonged to.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

nightwalker wrote:Gordon Jones?
Yes to you, and yes to Ken as well. Our Mystery Guest is the sweet hulk known as Gordon Jones. And he actually was a pro football player, back when that didn't mean much.
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Might be time for another one.

Who am I?

I appeared in over 500 movie and television productions. Don't look for my name on the marquee, but I appeared with just about every big star that graced the silver screen for over 5 decades.

I generally played someone named Joe, Jake, Charlie or Gus (at least twice.) I played various law enforcement personnel, hotel clerks, gas station attendants, waiters or general flunky to the big star. I played with or without facial hair.

I was in all genre of film starting in 1915 and ending in TV in 1960. I was born in the middle of the country, but my bucolic characters could fit in from New England to California.

I appear in one holiday classic and even played in a movie in 1937 and it's remake in 1954. In a three year stretch, I appeared in Gone With the Wind, The Grapes of Wrath and Meet John Doe.

Who am I?
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.
nightwalker

Post by nightwalker »

Don't know what happened to my post of this answer last night, or Charlie T's response, but it's Irving Bacon.
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

The server crashed for the site and a few of the messages were lost. I did acknowledge your correct answer, but it went bye-bye. :?

Bacon was definitely prolific, wasn't he? :shock:
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.
nightwalker

Post by nightwalker »

Yes, I think he could give Charles Lane & John Carradine a run for their money.