New York Post Article on Film Preservation

MissGoddess

New York Post Article on Film Preservation

Post by MissGoddess »

I thought the following blog was quite interesting as it touches on the current state of several "B" movies as well as Zane Grey westerns, including one that featured Shirley Temple (!) and Randolph Scott:

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/movies/fi ... NWQ7zZEx1H

One item of personal interest to me was learning that Janus Films have secured the rights to John Ford's The Plough and the Stars, which stars Barbara Stanwyck and several of Ireland's famed Abbey Players. Though by most accounts the film is a let down, it's one of the few by the director I've never seen and I certainly would welcome seeing a restored version one day.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: New York Post Article on Film Preservation

Post by moira finnie »

Thanks for posting that Lou Lumenick article from The New York Post, Miss G. It is part of a very large Film Preservation Blogathon that is taking place all over the internet between Feb. 14-21. If you click on the link below you can see links to many of the blogs that have added their additions to this important aspect of film appreciation, while encouraging readers to make any donation possible to the National Film Preservation Foundation, found here.

The Film Preservation Blogathon: For the Love of Film

I'll be adding a piece to the blogathon later this week. I think that you would find The Plough and Stars visually poetic in any form, G., (as long as you kept the sound turned off).
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MissGoddess

Re: New York Post Article on Film Preservation

Post by MissGoddess »

Thanks, Moira, for the additional info on the blogathon! Please let us know when your article goes up so we can all read it! I was thinking that some of our wonderful writers here should participate in that worthy event somehow.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers