The Road Warrior

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

The first time I saw it I thought what a great western too. Weird characters but interesting. Have fun.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

I love this movie. Bare-bones budget and a creative eye behind the lens. Gipson's "I don't giive a damn" attitude makes for the perfect anti-hero. All that black leather must have been unbearably hot under the desert sun.

Have fun, Bryce.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Bryce,

I saw it on the big screen upon its initial release. You are in for such a treat.

Come back and share more of your thoughts after the viewing(s).

I love this movie!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

MikeBSG

Post by MikeBSG »

I loved "The Road Warrior" when it first came out. I saw it several times.

The funny thing is that "Blade Runner" came out around the same time, and while that film's reputation has only increased over the years, "The Road Warrior" has slipped into obscurity. It hardly seems to get revived or be available on TV or anything like that.

Why is that? Did Gibson's later stardom obscure this? Was "Beyond Thunderdome" so bad that it killed all interest in the series? To me, "The Road Warrior" seems like an enormous promise that just faded away.