SSO Member's World Premiere

Please read any new threads in this forum

Moderators: Sue Sue Applegate, movieman1957, moira finnie, Lzcutter

ChiO

SSO Member's World Premiere

Post by ChiO »

Tomorrow, Saturday, March 8, at the Dobie Theatre in Austin, TX, BOOTLEG WISCONSIN will have its World Premiere at the SXSW Film Conference and Festival. The film was directed and co-written by Brandon Linden, who recently joined SSO. Rumor has it that Brandon was also the film's cinematographer, editor, sound guy and chauffeur to the stars.

Synopsis, etc. from the SXSW site: Director: Brandon Linden. Writers: Brandon Linden, Tim Donovan. Starring: Lepolion Henderson, Angela Harris, Alissa Bailey, Joyce Porter. A married Chicago Public School Teacher spends part of her summer vacation visiting outlet malls across the Midwest. At her penultimate stop, in Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin, she meets a young man who works at the mall. A relationship develops that makes them both question their lives and their futures. (World Premiere)

Here's to a smashing success, many happy beers (and a bourbon for me) in Austin, and -- above all -- remember that we knew you when.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Congratulations to our relatively new and clearly talented member Brandon Linden. What an effort this must have been! I hope that Brandon has a boffo world premiere. The film festival looks like a terrific event. If you'd like to read more about the South by Southwest Festival, please click here. Look for Bootleg Wisconsin about half-way down the page.

I hope that Brandon will tell us all about it, (when he comes down to earth after all the excitement of seeing his work receive its world premiere, of course). :D
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Congrats Brandon. Hope your show does well. Any chance of a DVD release for those unable to attend?
brandonlinden

Post by brandonlinden »

Unexpected ChiO! Thanks to everybody for the words of encouragement as I spend the next few hours doing a lot of sweating.
And than you Mr. ChiO!
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Good luck tonight, Brandon! The Oasis awaits news from the front!
-Dewey
benwhowell

Post by benwhowell »

Congratulations, dude! That sounds like my kind of movie. Great title too. Here's hoping it's this year's "indie favorite."
Have fun in Austin...and never let 'em see you sweat. :) (Easy for me to say, right?)
Much success!
Handsome Johnny Eck
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Dear Brandonlinden,

I wish I had been able to drive up to Austin to see your world premiere!
Next year for sure. Good luck and many happy returns of the day!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2020
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

We've been tied up deep into SxSW and I- along with everyone else - was honored to enjoy the premiere AND the film itself. Thanks, Brandon. I hope more folks get to see it.
brandonlinden

Post by brandonlinden »

I just want to reiteritate my thank you for the fine show of support for a newbie member who possibly just had the most surreal week of his life. Now it's back to Chicago and Tivo sponsored catch up. What's this I see on my "Now Playing" list? Underworld USA and Rat Pfink A Boo Boo (in Letterbox no less proving that film preservationists are either fastidious or perverted)? That should hold me over until Ford's Young Cassidy plays on Monday.
Have a great weekend
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

We can't wait to hear all about the week.
What's this I see on my "Now Playing" list? Underworld USA and Rat Pfink A Boo Boo (in Letterbox no less proving that film preservationists are either fastidious or perverted)?
And that's why we love you.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Brandon,

I hope you enjoy the premiere! Having walked in your shoes the best recommendation that I can give is to enjoy the ride!

It is worth every minute!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

In addition to the honor of having filmmaker Brandon Linden among our members, it should be pointed out that one of our charter members, Lzcutter (the funny & knowledgeable Lynn), has directed a movie of her own as well, called As We Knew It: The Story Of Classic Las Vegas. You can read an interview with Lynn talking about this film and how she became interested in filmmaking here. This documentary movie premiered at the 2005 CineVegas Film Festival and can be purchased at Classic Las Vegas website.

You can watch the trailer for this movie at this link. It looks great!
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Interesting read. I keep learning new things about you people all the time! Nice to know another fan of One From the Heart. 8)
metsfan

Post by metsfan »

Great, thanks! I wish Lynn and Brandon continued success as well as the other members of the forum. Keep up the good work!