Please read any new threads in this forum

Moderators: Sue Sue Applegate, movieman1957, moira finnie, Lzcutter

SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

Jezebel, I love that idea.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Jezzy, how much trouble did you get in as a high-schooler??? I would have been right along side you, handing you another roll of tp. :lol:
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

I'm for both Jezzy and Anne's ideas - both sound like fun.

In a similar vein, we could post salutes - e.g. photos, YouTube or other links, etc. -- to each other's favorite genres/movies/stars, now that we've learned so much about our respective tastes. We could choose our donee, or have him/her assigned to us by you Powers That Be.

(A CCC tribute would be nice, too.)
benwhowell

Happy Anniversary, Everyone!

Post by benwhowell »

Time really flies!
I am thankful for Silver Screen Oasis...and all you wonderful people out there in the dark...
Nando had a fantastic idea! I'd love to attend a gathering with all of you someday.
I also value and embrace our diversity.
I think it would be cool for us to package a Silver Screen Oasis DVD Collection. It would not only be a tribute to movies, but a tribute to how The Oasis has influenced each of us-for example-by introducing us to something or someone we may have over-looked before. We'd each pick a movie and write a brief explanation of why we picked it.
In the meantime, looking forward to that very special guest!
Handsome Johnny Eck
jdb1

Re: Happy Anniversary, Everyone!

Post by jdb1 »

benwhowell wrote:Time really flies!
I am thankful for Silver Screen Oasis...and all you wonderful people out there in the dark...
Nando had a fantastic idea! I'd love to attend a gathering with all of you someday.
I also value and embrace our diversity.
I think it would be cool for us to package a Silver Screen Oasis DVD Collection. It would not only be a tribute to movies, but a tribute to how The Oasis has influenced each of us-for example-by introducing us to something or someone we may have over-looked before. We'd each pick a movie and write a brief explanation of why we picked it.
In the meantime, looking forward to that very special guest!
Great idea! An SSO Classic Movie Annual. I'm in.
SSO Admins
Administrator

Re: Happy Anniversary, Everyone!

Post by SSO Admins »

benwhowell wrote: In the meantime, looking forward to that very special guest!
Believe me, it's a GREAT one.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

SSO CINEFEST/Anniversary

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

AN SSO CINEFEST----What fun this will be! I can play the piano in the lobby as all the guests are strolling in, and I also want to volunteer for the hors doeuvre committee.

SSO is soon to be one!!!!!! Plus we have the coolest guest authors and fantastic moderators! Everything here is "Tickety Boo!"
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2020
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Christy:

I'll play when you take a break. Then the crowd will take a break.

Let's pick a film we can agree on. A week to watch it and then have a big group discussion followed by a big group hug.

We can blog ourselves silly.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Let's pick a film we can agree on. A week to watch it and then have a big group discussion followed by a big group hug.

We can blog ourselves silly.>>

Chris,

I think this is a terrific idea. Perhaps we could start a thread for suggestions and then pick the five favorites and then do a poll to choose the film?

Or maybe there is an easier way to figure out what the film should be?

Any way you slice it, I think this idea is great as I always learn so much when we get in depth about a film we really care about.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Being one of the original members of SSO, I will happily join in on any kind of celebration you all agree on with one exception. Much as I hate being the one and only, if said celebration included links to YouTube, I would have to stay out, unless my friend can get over here and figure out what's going on. He says it sounds like my memory is too small or something - heck since my human brain doesn't work right, why should my computer's brain? His job sends him out of town from Tuesday through Friday every week, so it's hard to coordinate a meeting. I tried linking to a brand new link on a new thread the other day, and got locked out, so whatever it is, it's not waiting for 4 or 5 links anymore.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

I think we should buy out the Castro Theatre in San Francisco and y'all should fly here to watch some movies together. Please pass the popcorn.

Would we ever be able to decide on one movie though? I suppose we could let the Bestavorite Polls decide... Since the winners were To Kill a Mockingbird and The Searchers, I suppose the marquee could read "Lzcutter presents..."