an observation and a question regarding westerns

inglis

Post by inglis »

movieman1957 wrote:Maybe Wayne's "laughing" at his cowboy image was more modesty than any kind of embarassment. I'm sure Wayne was rightly proud of his work.

He wasn't a star but Ben Johnson belongs in the true western cowboy group.

5 bonus points for using "chimerical."
Hi Chris ! What was the name of that movie with Stewart that Audi Murphy played his younger brother,that was a good one too .
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

It was "Night Passage." It was originally set to be made with Anthony Mann but he and Stewart had a falling out about something and Stewart got someone else.

I enjoy this movie too.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
inglis

Post by inglis »

movieman1957 wrote:It was "Night Passage." It was originally set to be made with Anthony Mann but he and Stewart had a falling out about something and Stewart got someone else.

I enjoy this movie too.
Thanks Chris !
nightwalker

Post by nightwalker »

Bogart was also in VIRGINIA CITY (1940), an Errol Flynn Western in which he played the bad guy with a truly hilarious faux-Mexican accent!
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

nightwalker wrote:Bogart was also in VIRGINIA CITY (1940), an Errol Flynn Western in which he played the bad guy with a truly hilarious faux-Mexican accent!
LOL! I think i'll have to look out for that one!
movieman1957
Administrator

Westerns Appeal

Post by movieman1957 »

I'm not sure if this needs its own thread but I was curious about the appeal of westerns to those of the group that live outside the USA.

For a genre that is so much American in its origins, what do you find interesting about them that you like them much less may have contributed to our Top 15 list?

Of course I welcome thoughts from anyone regardless of your address. It's my favorite genre.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."