LONGMIRE

Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: LONGMIRE

Post by Lzcutter »

What a good episode!!!!

They seemed to have kicked everything up a notch from the script to the directing. Really liked the atmospheric music, too.

I think any answers we get might be spread out over the season.

While I understand from a script point of view that Branch had to be the one to accompany Henry in the search, I wish Vic would have had more to do than just slug the top Fed and sit outside the office.

Kate Sackhoff is a good actress and they seem to be moving Vic away from being as whiny as she was last season which I like. But they really need to give her something to do more than just support Walt and Branch.

I was surprised once she got back to the office and realized the Feds were going to sit the storm out that her first reaction wasn't to go see Henry.

She's been in the Sheriff's office long enough to know the friendship between Walt and Henry and what a good tracker Henry is.

But, all in all, I'm happy with the start of the season!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I know I'm getting old when I can't understand everything said on programs anymore...sigh...

What was the deal with the psychiatrist? was she willing, or unwilling? and what about the box full of money? Was that the escapee's money?
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

knitwit:

I've watched the show twice and I'm going to pull it up on On Demand in a few minutes, because I'm going to look for a box of money. What part of the show was that on? I don't recall any box, large or small, with money in it, but don't get me wrong, my memory is not top notch, so I'm not doubting you. I'll get back after I watch again.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Anne, at the very end, just before Walt and the bad guy knock each other around in the snow, Walt goes inside a mining cave entrance, finds the psychiatrist, and a box full of money. Why did the bad guy dump the waitress and keep the psychiatrist? Was she dead or just injured? I thought she said something to Walt, but the second time I watched it, I didn't hear what was said. Seems like there were more questions than answers in this one. Lynn, did I miss something???
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

knitty,

I think it was the money the bad guy received for selling the remains of the young Native American boys. It was kind of nebulous as to who he sold the remains to (though my first thought was A. Martinez aka the Dog Soldier from last season).

The psychiatrist wasn't in on the jail break but was injured. I think the bad guy kept her and not the waitress because he had a relationship with the waitress and that could have been a problem down the line.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I figured it was the money he got, but I think the Dog Soldier is too fiercely pro Native American to be involved in the terrible crimes bad guy committed.

Did the doctor say something to Walt? I've got to get my hearing checked...or invest in an ear trumpet :shock: :shock:
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

I figured the Dog Soldier might have bought the bodies back to give them a proper burial.

I'll have to check and see if it is still On Demand. If so, I'll double check the scene. I'll try to look tomorrow evening!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Love your avatar, knitty!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

thanks Lynn ( I think you should add the tagline, "Ace Hollywood Reporter" :D )

Isn't Bette gorgeous in that picture, Jacks? Found it at on a knitting page at Facebook. I swear, you can find ANYTHING on the internet!!! :lol: :lol:
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

The legs caught my eye. Then I realized it was Bette! Who knew she has such great gams?
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Love your avatar, too. What a gorgeous guy.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ricardo, my dreamboat! Can I get one of him on the internest? :lol:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

um, I think you just did..... :lol:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Color me angry. I heard the announcement at the end of Longmire that it would be on ON DEMAND starting Tuesday, but when I went onto ON DEMAND this morning, only The Glades is being shown. Speaking of which, The Glades is a good detective show. The lead is such a smart a**, but also sharp as a tack. You get very few clues, but he comes up with the bad guy in an amazing way.

Knitty:

Thank you for your answer. I remember the box now, but it took your reminder to bring it to my mind.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Here I am a year late. That is better than three years late as I have been with "Justified."

So far so good. I had a sense this was Jesse Stone in WY and it is not that far off to me. That is not a bad thing. I've only seen the first two episodes. In the pilot I didn't quite get how the guy who committed the murders had a motive but that may be more missing the mystery part from concentrating on the character part. I'll be watching more. Then I can catch up with the ladies here.

The first season in streaming on Netflix.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."