LONGMIRE

Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: LONGMIRE

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

I think Branch realizes he has a lot left to learn from Walt. Loved the look on Walt's face when he saw the pickup truck full of Branch Connelly signs that would be used for firewood. Also, loved the look on Walt's face as he walked away after Branch asked for his job back.

So, Henry and Walt are both pushing 50 and been friends for 38 years.

But most of all, I am glad to see Ferg in the preview for next week and hope nothing bad happens to him.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

the back story of Walt and Henry could make a whole other series, couldn't it? Loved the images of Walt and Henry having their first dust-up, and then Walt explaining why he told Henry not to touch the water fountain with his mouth...

Walt is a forgiving man, took Branch back to the 'fold' as soon as he asked. And Branch is growing up, too, it had to be hard to ask for his job back. I think he wants to prove he is a capable cop to Walt, by finding out what happened to Cady on his own. Also, he's been around Walt long enough to know the strength of Walt's feelings, and his temper, when it comes to Cady. He probably doesn't want Walt to go in, guns blazing so to speak, until he has definite proof. This might be his way out of A. Martinez's spider web.

love this show!!!!!
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Hey knitwit and others, where are all my other Longmire admirers? I've been asking questions from the past two episodes and have nada for responses. Have you all left the building? Did you have any comments about that love scene? And after this past Monday, are your thoughts still the same about Vic and her sisterly feeling for Walt?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

To be honest, I'm still digesting this past episode. I still think Walt's feelings for Vic are more paternal and protective, he just isn't programmed to see women in a predatory way. There was NO way the blonde could have seen that cozy scene any way but the way she did...which really points up the fact that even the most damning evidence can be misleading.

I think Vic was terrified, and Walt, being the fellow that he is, wanted to offer help and protection...

Looking forward to Monday's finale. Did last year end with a cliff hanger? I really hate those, especially when the next season is 6 or so months away.
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Knitty,

I agree, we haven't seen any evidence of Walt carrying a torch for Vic, a married woman. I've always gotten the vibe that he thinks of her more like a daughter than someone he is interested in.

If it is not that, the writers and directors have done a horrible job of setting that plot point in motion.

And this is a show where they don't make those kind of rookie mistakes.

Am very much looking forward to next week's episode, cliff hanger and all.

And last season ended on a cliff hanger as well, as I recall.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Lz, didn't you feel that the door really slammed shut on any further romance with the blonde? (can't remember her character's name) There was no lingering 'maybe' about the way she accused them, and then stormed out. Him standing there in nothing but a towel and embarrassment didn't help matters...but he sure is a nice looking fellow, isn't he??? :oops: :oops: They kind of goofed, tho, because he should have been sporting some rather nasty wounds on his chest....
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I'm catching up. I'm a few behind I think so hopefully I can bring something to the conversation. (I just finished the episode on the elk velveteen so I'm getting there.)
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Chris, so glad you are watching this! What is your take on the Walt/Vic situation so far...and I am so sorry if I've spoiled future episodes, didnt realize you were a bit behind.... :oops: :oops:
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I was being careful about how far I've read so I don't think too much has been "spoiled."

From what I have seen, and there may be more that I haven't seen yet, I don't see anything romantic with Vic and Walt. (I've seen the first season and the latter half from this one. I think I missed some of the early episodes from this season.) Anyway, my reaction is more of a father/daughter thing.

As you say she's married. She's young. She's not nearly as laid back as he is. I think there is a deep affection but that is different from love or lust. Maybe something is coming but I sure don't see it yet.

I'm still surprised at the feelings Ferg has for Cady. I feel for him I was there once upon a time.
Chris

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Knitty,

I agree, I think it is over between Walt and the blonde (I can't remember her character's name either! :oops: ) And, you are right, he should have had traces of those wounds on his chest.

I didn't realize what a good looking man he was last season. Guess it took getting home and watching the last month of episodes on our real tv (vs the small tv I had up north).

Chris,

Glad to see you getting into this one, too! Like you, I thought Ferg's reaction to Cady's accident was heartbreaking. That encounter he had with Branch spoke volumes as did him throwing the ashtray at the deer's head.

Just a few more days till the finale.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I had to find something new to watch until I can catch the 4th season of "Justified." As soon as the new "Hell On Wheels" season comes up on On Demand then I'll going there too.

I think I have to get out more.

PS. The blond is "Lizzie." She has quite a catalog on imdb. (Katherine LaNasa.)
Chris

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Thanks for the name 'Lizzie' Chris. I think I've mis-represented myself AGAIN. I didn't mean there was anything brewing between Walt and Vic, cuz I agree his feelings are just fatherly. I meant Vic's feeling toward Walt are more than daughterly, which would give her more heartbreak when she realized it, and I definitely don't want that for her. Personally, though, I hope seeing Walt in a towel was enough to send her out of Wyoming (not that THAT sight wouldn't send me flying into Wyoming without a plane)!

Lynn my dear, darling, PLEASE, PLEASE, please don't remind me of the few hours left until season end.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

You're too much Anne.

I hadn't really picked up on anything from Vic save for how she put her hand on Walt's shoulder when he was watching Cady at the hospital. It was shy, hesitant and done with deep affection.

I am not to the towel incident yet so I'll chime in again to that point after I catch up. However, if it is enough to make you fly to WY without benefit of an aircraft, well......
Chris

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

movieman1957 wrote:You're too much Anne.

I am not to the towel incident yet so I'll chime in again to that point after I catch up. However, if it is enough to make you fly to WY without benefit of an aircraft, well......

Oh, yeah.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I think at one time or other, we've all been in love with a hopeless case, and that's why Ferg's passion was so painful to see.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Now I see what you ladies mean about the towel scene. In addition to his missing wounds he also had considerably less chest hair. (Now, there's a discussion for you ladies.)

This last episode was as convoluted as I can recall. It was hard enough to follow but I think I got it. And - leave it to Lizzie to jump to conclusions. She's been doing that their whole relationship.

Some of you were talking about Tom Berenger and the way he has "held up" as he got older. I haven't seen him but a top vote for letting their looks get away is Peter Weller. Back in the "RoboCop" he had a unique handsome quality about him. He is still unique but I think one might not know it was him with how much he has changed. That's bound to happen when you're 67 though.

Chest hair or no? Discuss.
Chris