The Scott McGee Q&A thread

Past chats with our guests.
Scott McGee

Re: The Scott McGee Q&A thread

Post by Scott McGee »

Lzcutter wrote:Hey Scott,

We've had the new evening opening now for over five years I think.

I thought there might be a change to something new with the channel celebrating its anniversary this year.

Are there any plans to replace the Evening opening any time soon?
Not that I know of, Chiefette
Scott McGee

Post by Scott McGee »

Sue Sue Applegate wrote:Great question about the evening opening, Lynn. Any chance we can make a sticky for the list of Essentials, Jr. films that Scott has provided us with here or on the TCM Message Boards?

Moira, I would love to see Wee Willie Winkie, too. :D You also had some great suggestions for Essentials, Jr..

Since we had a wonderful time with Scott Eyman and John Wayne's films during his Star of the Month Celebration, any chance that Friday Night Spotlight might could feature authors like Kendra Bean with some of her favorite Vivien Leigh films, Phillip Done with some of his favorite Ann Rutherford features, or Carl Rollyson discussing his favorite Dana Andrews' films since none of those actors are scheduled for a Star of the Month Celebration?

Scott, thank you for all your insightful responses. We are so happy you stopped by!

Sincerely,
Christy
And thank YOU, Christy. I will run these stellar ideas up the flag pole. This has been an extremely valuable experience for me as well.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Thank you! :D
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Just wanted to say a big "thank you" to Scott McGee for spending the weekend with us and answering all of our questions!

We really appreciated you taking time out of your busy work and family life to spend some time with us!

Thanks again and hope you will come back again!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Great question about the evening opening, Lynn. Any chance we can make a sticky for the list of Essentials, Jr. films that Scott has provided us with here or on the TCM Message Boards?
Does anyone know what happened to Moira's post that included the Essential, Jr film listings for 2010-2014. I saw it yesterday in the post where she indicates she will list the films (and Scott responded with the pre-2010 titles) but now I can't see her all of her listings. Just the ones for 2014.

If anyone has the listings for 2010-2013, please share!

Thanks!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I think that list got deleted when I edited a grammatical error I made (how embarrassing!). I'll restore it pronto, Ms. Cutter!! Thanks so much for bringing Scott here and to Scott for his insightful replies. It has been a pleasure reading the posts--the questions--and the replies.

All fixed and a complete list is now back in place here:

http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/vie ... 98#p150398

BTW, watching Bill Hader introduce Bringing Up Baby last night, he mentioned that one of his favorite actors, Charles Ruggles, was in the movie. Ya gotta like a man who appreciates Charlie.

Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Thanks Moira!

I have posted the list in its own thread over at Craz-ah, er, the new TCM City and will do a special thread here under the TCM forum as well!

Grammatical errors, what are those? :)
Lynn in Lake Balboa